Thai Spring Rolls

denbru, Sep 5, 2:24am
I made these rolls at the weekend for the family when they visited for Father's Day they were a great success. I thought I would share the recipe to all the great cooks out there.

Ingredients
300g pork mince
150g prawns, finely chopped
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons grated ginger
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 small - medium carrot, grated
1 cup mung bean sprouts, chopped in half
40g vermicelli noodles, soaked in boiling water for 2 minuts
50 wonton wrappers
Method
Mix together pork mince, prawns, carrot, sesame oil, garlic and ginger and cook in a little oil in a frying pan over a high heat until meat is golden and cooked through.
Allow to cool and mix through remaining ingredients.
Place a spoonful of mixture along the edge of awonton wrapper, brush the edges with water and then roll into a cigar shape folding edges in.
Heat 4-5 cm of oil and fry wontons in batches. Drain on paper towels and serve with sweet chilli dipping sauce.

darlingmole, Sep 5, 4:13am
sounds delicious~!Thanks for sharing.My spring roll mixture similar to your except I use left over chicken . never thought of adding prawns/shrimps before but I will try this next time (*drools*!)

gerry64, Sep 5, 4:37am
yes I am going to try them as well with prawns - thanks for sharing

korbo, Sep 5, 5:23am
yum,yum, can I come for dinner at your place Gerry. I love spring rolls, but like curry ones as well. I also will try these at the weekend.

ange164, Sep 5, 6:18am
Where can I buy wonton wrappers!

darlingmole, Sep 5, 7:06am
you can buy then at Gilmours (if you have a card) but I buy mine at Asian/Indian grocery stores, and they aren't expensive