Lamb in slow cooker, recipes please

rocklover, Sep 5, 12:37am
Hi all. I have some frozen legs of lamb in freezer, quite large, too large to roast on a week day as would be eating too late. I thought if I thawed, the cut off what meat I could easily, wether dicing or leaving in chunks. Anyone have any nice gravy / sauce options. Will slow cooking the lamb create more moisture, should I make gravy very thick so that extra moisture doesn't thin it out too much. Any ideas (or would it be a total waste of lamb, lol!)

fifie, Sep 5, 2:09am
Have you tried doing a thawed leg in your slow cooker,Rub it all over with some oil, chopped garlic, chopped rosemary, salt pepper, little lemon zest. if you have a large frying pan heat it up and brown both sides of the leg, then into the cooker lid on and cook, that way its done when you come home. Use the search function at left of screen for ideas how to use up leftovers, or if you still want to cut pieces off instead of cooking whole search for lamb casseroles,curries etc.

rainrain1, Sep 5, 2:13am
Do you have access to a band saw!If so cross cut the frozen leg into steaks, or get your butcher to do it for you.Then bag the still frozen steaks back into freezer.no waste whatsoever

jns, Sep 5, 9:34am
I did some lamb chops in the slow cooker not too long ago, I used a Maggi Cook in the pot, Lamb Ragout.It was quite nice.You could probably do this with chopped up lamb.

rocklover, Sep 6, 12:40am
Unfortinately the legs are quite large, a long bone, so would need to cut the meat off somehow. Worth a try, and then roasting in large pieces.