I bought boiling bacon $8.99kg, cheaper than mince

jills3, Sep 8, 3:57am
I realise it says boiling bacon,but just wondered what it would be like roasted with afew vegies,any ideas, thanks.

nanasee1, Sep 8, 4:47am
I haven't tried roasting it, I imagine it could be a bit tough & it would concentrate the salt. I treat it like corned beef or pickled pork & simmer it until it 'floats' in the water.

jills3, Sep 8, 5:44am
Thank you nanasee1 for your reply,maybe I cook buy a cook in the bag so hopefully it wont be tough,but thanks again for reply

lilyfield, Sep 8, 6:56am
cheaper than mince! not by the time you take the fat off

nauru, Sep 8, 9:28am
It would be very nice, but it would be better slow roast it.Also prior to roasting, leave to soak in cold water to take some of the salt out too.My Mum used to put it in a pan with cold water and bring it to the boil, then drain well and put it in the oven to roast

fifie, Sep 8, 9:45am
What i do for mr is season pieces with gr pepper into a hot pan and brown it all sides, then Into the crockpot sitting on a upturned saucer to keep it out of the fat, and cook.Near the end of cooking make a cheese sauce adda sauted diced onion and some chopped parsley, place bacon endsin aserving dish and pour over sauce, serve with vegs or crusty bread, he loves it lol

kuaka, Sep 8, 11:26am
I'm not so sure about that.Cheap mince is full of fat, the "good quality" mince is twice the price of boiling bacon or cheap mince.

lythande1, Sep 8, 7:07pm
Cheaper than mince! No.Aussie Butcher has cheaper mince than that.

kay141, Sep 8, 8:32pm
Maybe but the Aussie Butcher is not everywhere. Certainly not down here.