Chicken soup in Potato bake?

boothy1, Aug 12, 3:11am
Can you use a tin of Chicken soup in a Potato bake,,cant seem to get it right with soup mix.goes runny and dry
Eveo

sossie1, Aug 12, 3:13am
OK, this is my "easy" one. I pre-cook thick slices of potato in boiling water for 5 mins

1 pot of sour cream, mix in either onion soup mix or , even better, garlic and salt and pepper. Place 1 teaspoon on each slice of potato, and keep layering, top with grated cheese and paprika for the last 10 or so mins of baking.

245sam, Aug 12, 3:34am
boothy1, from the former Trademe Cooks.

"Scalloped Potatoes
I use a tin of condensed soup usually chicken and add a can of milk and pour over the potatoes and bake as normal. You can use any flavour mushroom is nice too.
posted by steve_griffith

I chop the potatoes up and cover them a tin of condensed soup with a tin of milk. Grated cheese on top. You can choose any flavour soup but I tend to use chicken.
posted by partybagsnz

My Version
Chicken Soup and sour cream I mix 1 tin of cream Chicken soup with a pot of sour cream 250gm, stir it through the potatoes, then put crushed up potato chips on top. Makes a big lot.
posted by viv130":-))

pgta, Aug 12, 4:19am
I just use a bottle of cream and a really heaped teaspoon of chicken stock.Easy as.

kinna54, Aug 12, 6:19am
I use chicken stock as well.and light sour cream or natural yoghurt, I find cream a bit too heavy in it.

smudge75, Aug 12, 6:21am
Have made this tonight.
1 x small pottle of cream and 2 x creme of chicken soup sachets - mix and add a small amount of milk then pour over thinly sliced raw potato - voila! Yum yum yum.bake for about an hour