Marinade for Steak

milinda, Aug 11, 7:43am
What Marinade do you use for steak!

ange164, Aug 11, 9:35am
I don't marinade it, but in the absence of any other answer;
A puréed kiwifruit smeared on both sides and left for an hour or two in order to tenderise it. Then I sometimes just fry it with a master foods mix, cajun or steak seasoning, or sometimes worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.

carlosjackal, Aug 11, 9:45am
Red wine, crushed garlic and and if you have any - a few drops of hickory smoke essence.

My favourite is a marinade made up of the following: grated ginger, crushed garlic, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, worchester sauce, star anise, hickory smoke essence, olive oil, sesame oil, port/red wine.

cardiffgirl, Aug 11, 9:57am
I prefer not to use a marinade as well. Id rather just make a good sauce to have with it when cookedJust use the best quality steak that I can get , let it come to room temperature, season it well with salt, cook it , rest it and enjoy it.

carlosjackal, Aug 16, 12:12am
I only use marinade on steak when I'm BBQ-ing it. When pan frying I use a small amount of crushed garlic and salt and put olive oil on the steak - not the pan.

twindizzy, Aug 16, 12:39am
Oil
Sea Salt

veejay13, Aug 16, 2:53am
2 Tablesp. soy sauce, half teaspoon baking soda, and a big juicy clove (or 2.or 3.) of garlic, crushed.Mix tog. and brush all over steak.Leave in fridge for at least half an hour, but overnight is better still.