Dessert baked in a preserving/mason jar.

indijack, Aug 15, 3:36am
Looks awesome! Will u share the recipe please! Thanks ;)

tanz101, Aug 15, 4:18am
Sure thing! serves 6
Ingreds:2 tblsp butter, 2 tblsp brown sugar, 3 med-ripe bananas
Custard: half can (200ml) condensed milk, 300 ml milk, 1 tsp vanilla essence, 3 egg yolks (use whites for meringue), 1 heaped tsp cornflour
Meringue: 3 egg whites, 6 tblsps caster sugar, zest one lime (or lemon).
pre-heat oven to 200 degrees. In saucepan melt butter and brown sugar and heat gently till it bubbles and begins to caramlise. Peel and chop bananas into 1 inch chunks. Turn off heat and stirn bananas thru to coat. Spoon these evenly into 6 ramekins.
Custard: pour condensed milk into a saucepan, add milk (reserving a little to dissolve cornflour in), add, v.essence, whisked egg yolks and finally dissolved cornflour, whisk to mix. Heat over low heat till custard thickens 5-10 mins, stirring constantly. Ladle custard over caramel bananas in ramekins. Set aside whil you make meringue.
Meringue: beat egg whites until soft peaks form, add caster sugar 1 tblsp at a time, beating in between. Beat till thick and glossy. Gently fold thru lemon/lime zest. Spoon meringue on top of custard, bake 15 mins until meringue is slightly browned (watch carefully - burns quickly). Can be eaten hot or cold.I haven't tried this recipe yet!

griffo4, Aug 15, 4:56am
what about those coffee type classes that you serve hot coffee in!
Can't think of the names but might be worth a look along that line
Thanks for posting recipe

griffo4, Aug 15, 4:59am
Or those clear glass cups like arcoroc not as fancy but just a thought
Please let us know if you find any

fifie, Aug 15, 5:02am
Have you tried briscoes online for oven proof ramikins or ring your local branch and ask them.http://www.briscoes.co.nz/Kitchen/Bakeware/Ramekins.htm

tanz101, Aug 15, 6:11am
thanks griffo4 and fifie for the suggestions. The pyrex custard cups in the Briscoes link are sorta what I am am after.so I'll go check them out!

griffo4, Aug 15, 8:42am
l made the above pudding in a pie dish and used rhubarb and it was a success it is such a nice pudding and we have enough to have some tomorrow night and l think it will be very nice cold as well
l doubled the caramel and then when it bubbled l put the chopped up rhubarb in and let it cook for a few minutes until it was softish
Thanks for posting
lt would look great in glasses so hope you find them

tanz101, Aug 15, 9:26am
ohhh.rhubarb!Yum! What a great idea! I'm gonna have to try that one too!

griffo4, Aug 15, 9:43pm
Yep it is nice l am not a big banana fan and have heaps of rhubarb and love that

tanz101, Aug 15, 11:35pm
prolly be nice with a berry coulis on the bottom too in stead of bananas and caramel.

wildflower, Aug 16, 3:47am
That was on last Sundays World Kitchen, it looks great, I don't have 6 ramikins either but I have 2 larger pyrex dishes so I'll try them instead.

tanz101, Aug 16, 4:11am
Yes - I google copied the recipe to my "to try" book and then promptly forgot where I got it from. They did some vege rice paper rolls on the same show I think that had my mouth watering.