Rightyo - 60s, 70s or 80s Pot Luck Dinner

kirmag, Aug 14, 11:43pm
Which era had the best, easiest meals for a pot luck dinner theme!All ideas welcome!this is for a work group about 10, who usually bring frozen pizzas along to pot luck dinners so I wanna challenge them a lil but still make it quick n easy for them to be able to make.TIA :)

rainrain1, Aug 15, 12:06am
the 70's, wear your flares and take a bottle of Cold Duck

chatsmom, Aug 15, 1:56am
A british tv programme did dinner parties through the decades - it was so funny to watch & see what we thought was flash to eat!
I'd probably go for the 70s as that's when food started getting adventurous in NZ

kinna54, Aug 15, 1:56am
Yeh I liked seventies food.Prawn cocktails, fruit salad in the hollowed out watermelon (who remembers that!) fondues.

sarahb5, Aug 15, 2:58am
First thought was fondue and Black Forest gateau

nativewun, Aug 15, 3:13am
All I remember from the 80's was that everything was on a toothpick. Cheese, ham, anything and everything that could hold to the stick. Used to have heaps of sticks in the bin at the end of the night, lol.

kirmag, Aug 15, 3:13am
Yeh i'm leaning more towards 70s, a lot more "classic" dishes seemed to come outta that era.

rarogal, Aug 16, 5:16am
Minced beef curry, with pineapple, raisins, served with rice. Lettuce salad, finely sliced iceberg lettuce, grated carrot, finely sliced tomatoes and cucumbers over the top. Chicken chowmein. Just a few.