Pickled pork

falconhell2002, Aug 17, 10:15pm
Good morning.I have brought a small piece of pickled pork and now need to find out how to cook it.I think someone said that you can roast it but as I'm not completely sure I'm off to Google.But if anyone has a great recipe that they want to share I would be very thankful.I have used the search thingy on the side <- - - - but only found one that had maple syrup in it and I don't have any.thanks.

harrislucinda, Aug 17, 10:33pm
ifindjustcookingin aslowcookerdontneedto addsyruplikeforbeefasporkhasitownflavor
Ididroastwhenyoungandjuststartingoutido rememberitwasok

cgvl, Aug 17, 11:01pm
I cook it like corned silverside. Love pickled pork especially cold.

hiall, Aug 17, 11:11pm
Yep me and my parents this way as well - yummy

fifie, Aug 17, 11:14pm
Can cook with onion, carrot, bayleaf, brown sugar,cider vinegar, like corn beef, or roast in oven bag tastes like ham, or my latest is marinated pickled pork very nice.
Crock Pot Pickled Pork
Best left in the fridge in foil to marinate overnight.
Mix together 2 tbsp honey and 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard with a little salt and black pepper. Warm in saucepan on low heat.
Pour over pork and cover well. Wrap and seal in tinfoil pocket.
Place the "wrapped" pork on an upturned saucer in the crock pot and pour about an inch of water in the bottom.
Leave on low all day and place still wrapped on bench 20mis to rest.
Slice and serve. Thanks to our Fisher, its lovely hot or cold next day.

taratoo, Aug 18, 12:06am
Pressed Pickled Pork

1kg pickled pork
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped into small pieces
1 tsp fresh sage, finely chopped
1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1 egg
Salt and pepper

1. Take the plastic covering off your pork and give it a rinse under the tap. It should have a bit of elasticized netting holding it together. Gently roll this off the meat and put to one side.
2. Take the meat and find a pocket for the stuffing. You may have to use a knife to cut further into the meat, or a pocket might present itself to you.
3. Mix the breadcrumbs with the apple, herbs, salt and pepper, and bind together with the egg. Stuff as much of this as you can into the cavity you have made.
4. Hold it all together and re-tie with string, keeping it in one piece.
5. Place in a pot and cover the pork with cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer with the lid on for 50 minutes per 500g, or one hour and 40 minutes per kilo.
6. When cooked, remove from the pot and let cool enough for you to handle.
7. Take the string off and place on a large plate. Put another plate on top and place a very heavy weight on top of the plate to press the meat.
7. Store in the fridge until cold. Slice as you would any cold cut.

mywomble, Aug 18, 1:35am
Thanks heaps, going to do the honey and mustard one, its going to have to wait till tomorrow now, got side tracked doing the housework and making Venison salami pizza ball thingys. Lol.Yum!

guest, Mar 22, 8:58am
Hmm, that's strange. That isn't triaatdonil kimbap. Usually, I would guess that it was some sort of fish cake, but that doesn't look like fish cake. Take a bite out and try it on its own. It probably is burdock. You could also ask them to show you what it is.

guest, Mar 23, 5:03am
It could be pickled buordck root, or it could be pickled gourd (kanpyo in Japanese). By the texture, it looks more like buordck. It could also be pickled daikon, but pickled differently than the yellow takuan daikon on the right side of the inside of the roll.

guest, Mar 24, 8:12am
Thanks for shginra. Always good to find a real expert.