Any gorgeous recipes for quinoa, please?

zuggle, Aug 16, 9:15am
I already have 4meows lovely chocolate cake one (flourless and gluten free):

2/3 cup white or golden quinoa
1 1/3 cups water
1/3 cup milk
4 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
1-1/2 cups white or cane sugar
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Cover, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave the covered saucepan on the burner for another 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and allow the quinoa to cool.

Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease two 8-inch round or square cake pans. Line the bottoms of the pans with parchment paper.

Combine the milk, eggs and vanilla in a blender or food processor. Add 2 cups of cooked quinoa and the butter and continue to blend until smooth.

Combine sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Add the contents of the blender and mix well. Divide the batter evenly between the two pans and bake on the centre rack for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool completely in the pan before serving. Frost if desired.

Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to one week or freeze for up to a month.

sarahb5, Aug 16, 9:17am
I generally use it for savoury dishes and substitute it for couscous which hubby doesn't like

4meows, Aug 18, 4:30am
Some great ideas here
http://www.thekitchn.com/quinoa-for-breakfast-5-sweet-s-156202
(If making quinoa porridge, I suggest using half quinoa and half whatever you normally do as it is quite strong at times)

geldof, Aug 18, 4:35am
Zuggle, I thought that cake recipe sounded rather strange, but decided to try it.

Was amazed at how good it is.I used oil instead of butter.
It has a slight 'crunch' at the end of a bite, IYKWIM, so next time I will process the Quinoa first, then add eggs, milk etc.

Recommend this recipe to those with intolerances (or not)
I think you could easily do substitutions.

Would make a great birthday cake.

zuggle, Aug 18, 5:49am
Thanks for that geldof! How much oil exactly and what sort please! Rice bran/olive!

geldof, Aug 18, 6:25am
I used 3/4 cup of rice bran oil.
(only because I was in a rush to get it in the oven and had forgotten to melt and cool some butter)