Paprika chicken side dish for pot luck dinner

gerry64, Aug 19, 11:14am
I have been asked to take paprika chicken to a pot luck dinner - was going to do polenta in the crock pot - havent done it in that before - was going to try making spaetzle but am unsure if they would be suitable to make and take - any tips would be appreciated

lythande1, Aug 19, 8:25pm
How does polenta come into Paprika Chicken!

1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 (3 1/2-pound) chicken, cut up
1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
1 large tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon sweet or hot Hungarian paprika
Salt and black pepper
3/4 cup water
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

Preparation:

Heata Dutch oven or large skillet with a lid. Add onion and saute over low heat until translucent.

Add chicken pieces and brown lightly on both sides. Add green peppers, tomato,and paprika. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 35 minutes or until chicken is tender (about 20 minutes if using only chicken breasts).

In a small bowl, mix sour cream with flour. Temper mixture with some of the pan juices. Return tempered sour cream mixture to pan and simmer until juices are thickened. Return chicken to pan to rewarm.

Portion into heated bowls or plates, and serve with boiled rice or arrange on a platter of noodles for a family-style presentation.

gerry64, Aug 19, 9:27pm
Just thought polenta might be something I could keep warm successfully while I transport it lythande - they dont want me to do rice -not sure if the spaetzle will hold