Bread Slicing Guide

sarahb5, Aug 20, 12:10am
Does anyone have one!I find with the bread maker my slices are either too thick all through or taper off too much at one end so thinking this may help.

cookessentials, Aug 20, 12:11am
They are avilable but hideously expensive and they are only acrylic.

sarahb5, Aug 20, 12:14am
Not sure it would matter to me what it was made from - what do you think of as hideously expensive!

kinna54, Aug 20, 12:22am
I have a Breville one bought from Briscoes a long time ago.think I have seen them in Farmer's as well. I think I paid around the $20 price for it, but I have had it a while.
You could check out the Breville site for more info.
Mine has pre set slices, gives a medium slice.
Mine is a white acrylic, but as I say I have had it a while, so seems to be quite durable. edited to add: invest in a really good bread knife as well, otherwise you can tear your bread to pieces!

kirmag, Aug 20, 12:23am
oooh good thread - I want one. so that I don't get doorsteps when the Mr cuts the bread.

sarahb5, Aug 20, 12:24am
I get one end doorstep, the other end transparent .

kinna54, Aug 20, 12:26am
I also find I cut off the top crust first and then slice for more even slices.and I get to eat that first piece!

sarahb5, Aug 20, 12:30am
Yeah I think I will do the same when they tell me how much the postage is and what size loaf it will fit .

kirmag, Aug 20, 12:34am
hahaha hmmm sensible questions. ah well will just give it to mum to sell in the shop if it doesn't fit my loaves. ooops.