White kitchen appliances

apple27, Aug 20, 1:39am
I'm in the process of choosing new appliances to go in my new white kitchen. I read somewhere that white appliances were making a comeback, as the stainless steel industrial look is fading. Would welcome any thoughts about whether to go for white or not.

cookessentials, Aug 20, 1:49am
It is a very personal choice to be honest.I had a lady wanting a white KitchenAid stand mixer for her all white kitchen which she ordered, then changed her mind and went to the "Ice" which is an icy blue colour ( not baby blue) it went beautifully in her all white and chrome kitchen. A white appliance can still look quite stunning in an all white kitchen, i guess the final choice will be up to you.

lythande1, Aug 20, 2:30am
So, what's YOUR personal taste! Never mind what you should and shouldn't have according to a bunch of people who aren't going to live there.

apple27, Aug 20, 2:49am
I don't mind whether it's white or stainless steel appliances, it's more trying to keep it look fresh and up-to-date. I was just hoping to find out what other people are doing. I'm thinking of going for Fisher & Paykel appliances as I don't want to over-capitalise, and are a pretty basic cook.

shop-a-holic, Aug 20, 3:06am
Have a look at F&P Iridium finished ware.Stainless steel shows fingermarks; and whiteware can turn yellow where the plastic is.

F&P Dishdrawers are available to US customers in black! But I've been advised you can order this finish if you can wait.They also released an All Blacks fridge in black too, the Tasman model.

You can talk to them, and discuss custom options.Best wishes :-)

mikek, Aug 20, 3:20am
I have seen a black stainless steel lately,sharp make them,looks pretty swish with the blue LED's on the front.Not sure white is coming back in as such but is definitely cheaper option but with much less choice of models. Saying that we just bought a stainless steel double door samsung one - which was pretty nice.

apple27, Aug 20, 3:28am
Thanks Shop-a-holic and mikek. I've seen the glass-look iridium appliances too, and good to know about the black ones as well. It's so hard as there's so much choice!

mikek, Aug 20, 4:04am
Was this one,http://brain.pan.e-merchant.com/0/8/09919580/l_09919580.jpgbit expensive thou but you can get a deal,in the end we wanted one with a ice maker so got something else.

rarogal, Aug 20, 5:34am
We did all stainless steel 3 years ago, and I would do it again so far. Love the look. It's a personalchoice really, I wouldn't be swayed by "what's in", but that's just me.