Has anyone made cup-cakes, using the pretty colour

elsielaurie1, Aug 23, 4:01am
ed cases! I've made some and not only was I not to taken with the 'smell' when they were baking, but I can 'taste' them in the cupcake.I was just wondering if anyone else has had this!

daisyhill, Aug 23, 4:04am
That doesn't sound good. What brand did you use! Good cupcake cases shouldn't leave any smell or taste at all.

indy95, Aug 23, 4:05am
No, I have never had that problem, Where did you get the cases from elsielaurie !
Editing to add if you have any left I would definitely take them back.

elsielaurie1, Aug 23, 4:25am
I bought them through Trademe. This is the 1st time I've used them, thankfully, not for their intended purpose, for my grand-daughter's birthday! I'll try and trace who I bought them off.:-{

norse_westie, Aug 23, 4:30am
Yes, I bought some (also through TM) last year because I liked the colours, but I believe the wax melted and affected the cupcakes. Now I stick to boring, but well known brands.

chicco2, Aug 23, 5:53am
Just bake them in regular cases and pop them into the fancy ones when you are ready to display them.

elsielaurie1, Aug 23, 8:47am
I binned them! I'd rather use the shelf space for something that I'm going to use.lol.

sarahb5, Aug 24, 2:09am
I never buy the fancy cases because they always seem to stick to the cake or muffin which is a waste of good baking.I stick now to Mrs Rogers as they seem to be the only ones that don't stick at all.