Food processor recommendation.

raebee, Aug 21, 9:25am
my beloved food processor died tonight!beloved because i can't survive without it, not because it was a flash one!anyway. i really need to know what's good before i go shopping for a new one.
i've done a search on here and seems magamix is mostly recommended. but it's also pretty pricey.is it really worth it!
More importantly - are there any brands i should avoid!
I do dough's, meat patties, breadcrumbs, chop onions etc etc.only occassionally use grating/shredding etc attachments.i have an onbench pantry, so i'd need it to fit in there - i should measure height before i go shopping i guess!

soden, Aug 21, 10:01am
Kenwood Food Processor Multipro 980 It is expensive, but drives beautifully. Has scales built in and you can buy a centrifugal juicer attachment to go with it.

annie.nz, Aug 22, 1:59am
My sympathies, me too - I started the other thread.Am getting excellent advice on it.
Don't forget to check out the amazon.com and amazon.co.uk and youtube reviews, also there's an Australian review link: www.productreview.com.au.There's a lot of rather strange reviews, but you do get a feel for potential problems with each model.

annie.nz, Aug 22, 1:59am
All I have to do now is convince my husband I need a decent one.

raebee, Aug 22, 6:23am
thanks. going to check the sales on friday. :)will see what's out there.I don't want one that leaks liquid out. my current one (moulinex or something or rather) tends to do that, even when not too full.and want it grunty, easily washable, not too tall for my cupboard, and not too hard on the wallet!

katalin2, Aug 22, 8:58am
Don't make the same mistake I did years ago- when my trusty old Ralta ( one of the first food processors of the 70's) finally gave up the ghost and we were down to one one income as I was home with 3 young children I replaced it with a cheap and nasty one I bought from one of the chain stores - it was totally useless, lacked power, kept jamming with anything more solid than liquids- had years of frustration before we could afford to replace it with the Magimix.

jimmy2102, Aug 23, 10:23am
Magimix its fab

annie.nz, Aug 23, 2:26pm
Don't worry, not this time.I've made enough of the same mistakes in the past myself to have finally learned my lesson.I think I'll get a magimix 4200 XL.Or maybe a 5200, though that's pretty big and disproportionately expensive.Will wait for a sale though.

What does eat me up is seeing the price of magimix in the UK and Europe compared to here - is this the result of there being a single NZ importer!

jen69, Aug 24, 12:41am
I recently purchased a Magimix3150 - through LV Martin. It'sexcellent, really robust, and for me it was just the right size.Also LV Martin has good specials, and it was the cheapest Magimix I could find online. Excellent after sales service too.

ibcreative, Aug 24, 2:10am
Yes, I bought one of these and I love it.

raebee, Aug 24, 10:40am
well there's a magamix on sale at heathcotes, can't remember model number but it was the 3rd one up i think - down from $800 and something (maybe almost $900) to $600 and something. one left.But it's 2cm too tall for my on bench pantry.
Can get the 1000 watt kenwood (not the scales one but the one below, 920 i think) for $299 (saw it at $399 elsewhere) and it will fit - just!so maybe i should be going for the cheaper one.