Passionfruit slice query

gerry64, Aug 10, 1:25am
I have found a recipe for a passionfruit slice - method is to put fresh passionfruit pulp into food processor seeds and all and then put them through a sieve - have usually only sieved them - has anyone tried this - wouldnt want wee bits of seed like grit through it - cheers

cookessentials, Aug 10, 3:33am
This is my passionfruit slice recipe. i dont remove the passionfruit seeds at all.
Passionfruit Slice
Ingredients:
180 g butter, chopped
3/4 cup castor
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 cup plain flour
1 cup self-raising flour
1/3 cup passionfruit pulp
2 eggs
Passionfruit Frosting
180 g butter, chopped
1 cup icing sugar
1/4 cup passionfruit pulp
Method:
Preheat oven to moderate 180 degrees C. Brush deep 20cm square tin with oil. Line with grease proof paper extending over 2 sides, grease paper. Beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla essence in a small bowl with electric beater until light and creamy. Transfer to a large bowl. Sift flours into mixture and add passionfruit. Mix until just combined. Spoon into prepared tin and spread evenly. Bake for 35 minutes or until pale, golden brown. Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out on to rack to cool. Spread with Passion frosting. Passionfruit Frosting: Beat butter, icing sugar and passionfruit pulp with electric beater until light and creamy. Note: Slice is best eaten on the day it is made. If using fresh passionfruit pulp, you will probably need about 8 medium-sized passionfruit.

gerry64, Aug 10, 3:58am
cheers cookes - will use your recipe