Chicken and Pasta Bake

macwood2, Aug 9, 9:38am
Does anyone have a great chicken and pasta bake recipe.I have to make something for a large crowd and thought this would be a good idea.

pommyjohn1, Aug 10, 3:02am
This is one that I use and was previously posted on here (not my recipe)
Chicken, Bacon & Mushroom PastaPut pasta on to cook. Saute 3 rashers bacon, 8 chopped mushrooms, med sliced onion and 2 cloves garlic until golden. Add 1 can evaporated milk, 1/2 tsp mixed herbs and 1/2 tsp dried parsley, simmer on low until pasta is cooked. 2 minutes before serving add chopped cooked chicken, and pasta. Measurements are easily changed to suit and can change herbs, I often add broccoli as well.

cookessentials, Aug 10, 3:30am
There are a couple on the Pasta thread.

dolphinlu, Aug 10, 8:10am
this is my own recipe
Boil pasta with whatever vegs and meat you want to use. Mix in a tin of tomatoes flavoured or plain. Mix together 2 eggs and half a cup of cheese and milk.Sometime I use a tin of pasta sauce. Put in casserole dish or dishes and bake at 180 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes.
This recip can make heaps depending on how much vegs and pasta u use.

esther-anne, Aug 10, 10:17am
This is mine-made up myself-and if you are not averse to using 'chicken tonight' jar of sauce.Simplicity itself.
This recipe makes enough for my husband and myself for two nights - doubled it makes for 8 people and I have never made it for more than eight.
500/600 grams boneless breast chicken (or thighs or whatever sails your boat - I use breast because we like it and because it stays lovely and moist in this dish.Mushrooms - many as you like! - to 500 grams of chicken I use 1 jar of chicken and mushroom 'chicken tonight' amd 1 small can of mushrooms in butter sauce.Plenty of seasoning, particularly pepper - I like white pepper for this dish.
Cut chicken into bite size strips and saute gently in butter. Place in casserole dish. Saute mushrooms and spread them and their sauce over chicken. Add can of mushrooms in butter sauce. Pour on chicken tonight ( I always have cream to hand and pour some into jar and shake to get all the sauce and add this)
Cover with foil and bake in moderate oven for about 55 mins.Meanwhile prepare pasta - I use small spirals, and add to chicken for last 15 minutes in the oven.Takes minimal time - is delicious - and when serving a lot of people I have made it the day before and reheated gently in the oven - very successfully.Serve with a couple of green veges or a green salad and crusty bread.Easy and delicious, and I should mention that we love onions but this is the only thing I make without the addition of onions.

esther-anne, Aug 10, 10:25am
Help yourself-and thanks for nice comment - for it's total simplicity I'm surprised how many people rave about it!

nadineb, Aug 10, 7:44pm
x1
Chicken and Pasta Bake
1 Jar of Dolmio Three Cheeses Sauce
Two onions
2 large chicken breast
Pasta(I use macaroni)
Mushrooms
Cheese greated
Add pasta to a boiling pot of water I use 1/2 bag pasta
Chop onions and fry once cook put in oven prrof dish
Cut sauce and fry two onions and put in a oven proof dish
Cut up two chicken breasts and fry and then once cooked put into dish.
Slice mushrooms and add to dish
Drain pasta and add to dish
Pour over Dolmio Three Cheese Sauce and add grated cheese mix well
Cook in oven 180c for 30-40 until bubbly serve

cookessentials, Aug 11, 1:22am
If you dont have these recipes on the "Pasta" thread somewhere below, can you add them to it please!