Where to buy wholegrain pasta in Wellington?

cj_s, Aug 9, 7:11am
Does anyone know this! I have used the San Remo wholegrain spaghetti and penne that you can buy at Countdown and New World but don't find it wholegrain enough (not enough fibre). I would prefer the darker pasta (for health reasons) but cannot find it anywhere. It also shouldn't cost a fortune; I cannot afford to pay around 5 dollars for 500gram of pasta.

Many thanks!

kiwibubbles, Aug 9, 9:01am
oooh. have you tried the Mediterranean Warehouse in Newtown! perhaps you could ring them up! or Moore Wilsons!

rumpelstiltskin, Aug 9, 9:12pm
Try ringing Gamboni's Deli in karori. They stock a wide range of pasta and are very helpful.

cj_s, Aug 10, 3:53am
Thanks, yes, I have looked at the website of the Mediterranean Warehouse and they don't have it. Love that place, btw.
Will try Moore Wilsons and Gamboni's Deli.

marywea, Aug 10, 5:29am
Called into Gamoni's in Parkvale Rd Karori and yes they have 2 different sorts of imported wholegrain pasta.

twindizzy, Aug 10, 9:25pm
Try Commonsense organics

sarahb5, Aug 11, 1:25am
What percentage of whole grain are you looking for!I buy Barilla whole grain - it is 51% whole wheat and has three times the amount of fibre of their regular pasta.The bonus is that it costs the same as their "normal" pasta, is easy to find in Countdown and New World, and my kids don't even notice any difference in taste!