Recipes for Pork pieces

jules555, Aug 9, 4:08am
I need some inspiration

chatsmom, Aug 9, 4:27am
Casserole of pork & Kumera

Peel & chop kumera into pieces.
Brown pork and add 1 chopped onion and soften.
Add 1 cup chicken stock, juice of one orange & 1 tsp ginger and kumera.
Cook until kumera soft - approx 35-45 mins at 175 or on stove top pan.

Another variation on this is to add 2 T greek yoghurt (with one tsp cornflour) just before serving to the dish - very yummy too.

twindizzy, Aug 10, 2:10am
Kebabs

245sam, Aug 10, 2:16am
From the former Trademe Cooks.

"this is a yummy one in our house
have been making it for years, you can vary the recipe a bit too if you like. It is called delicious pork pieces. pork pieces as required, chunks of kumara or parsnip or even pumpkin,1/4cup vinegar,1/4 cup brown sugar2 tbls lemon juice 1 tsp mustard, sliced onions, salt & pepper to taste. 1 tbls worcester or soy sauce 2 tlbs cornflour blended with 1/2 cup water, some pineapple or orange juice (optional) I sometimes put in some pineaple but you don't have to.Put pork pieces in casserole, with onions and kumera. Add S & P to taste and cover with other ingredients mixed together. Cook 11/2 hours in mod oven.
posted by pig-gal

Hasty cook's pork casserole
This is for two people - alter quantities to suit your number. 400g diced pork, 1 large onion, 1 tin Wattie's Italian tomatoes, 2 slices bread. Toss meat in seasoned flour, and brown with onions in a little oil or butter. Transfer to casserole dish and add 1 tin Italian (or other flavour) tomatoes and a splash of red wine if you like. Blitz the bread to make fresh breadcrumbs and place over the top. Cook as for a casserole, without a lid. This can be slung together really fast and gives impressive results for low effort.
posted by daleaway

I use the slow cook pork from the Supermarket for this, any bacon.
Fry up onion in a pan, and bit of garlic add cut up bacon and cook till nice and brown/crispy. Put aside in an oven proof dish. Add pork pieces to pan and cook till brown. Once brown add to dish with bacon etc. Make up a couple of cups of strong beef stock, or any maggi cook in pot sachet you like, i l ike the Beef Bourginon. put in some herbs, any you like, oregano, thyme etc. Put stock in pan and swish it around, get all the browning & meat bits from cooking. Then put over bacon and pork to just cover. You can add some mushrooms and maybe tomato in at this stage if desired. Cook for at least 2 hours on 180c, comes out really yummy and the pork falls apart.
posted by MiSsSmM

I do a nice one in the oven
I baste the pork pieces with honey and soya sauce, add a little liquid - water - then add whatever vege's you like including onion, capsicans, celery and mushrooms, crushed garlic and ginger - if you like - cover with tin foil and bake 150 deg cel till tender. thicken the liquid if necessary and just add a little more water through the cooking if it drys out to much. really yummy with savory rice! cashew nuts is sooooo nice as well with this!

really nice bakes
place in a cassarole dish with: pour over small can of either pinapple crushed or pieces, soya, worshire, hoising sauce, crushed garlic and ginger. then i add sliced onion, capsican, mushroom, and whatever other vege's you want to chuck in. then cover and bake for about 1 and 1/2 hours on 150deg cel. really nice and tender! enjoy!
both posted by timetable":-))

245sam, Aug 10, 2:18am
continued from#5.

"Pork and Lentil Stew serves 4
1 tbsp olive oil, 2 onions chopped, 500g lean pork diced, 2tsp sweet Hungarian paprika, 1tsp hot paprika, 1/2tsp dried thyme, 2 tbsp tomato paste, 2tsp soft brown sugar, 1/4c red lentils, 1 1/2c beef stock, 1 tomato and 2 tbsp low fat yoghurt. Heat olive oil in deep saucepan on high heat, add onion, pork and parikas, stir for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Add thyme, paste, sugar, lentils, stock, some salt & freshly ground black pepper. Bring to boil then reduce to low and cook, covered for 20 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Uncover and cook for another 15-20 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes. Cut the tomato in half and scoop out the seeds, slice flesh into thin strips. Just before serving, stir yoghurt into stew. Scatter with tomato strips and serve with rice.

Pork, Beer and Chickpea Stew
2 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp ground coriander, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, 400g lean diced pork, 1 tbsp flour, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 large onion finely chopped, 3 cloves garlic finely chopped, 2 large carrots chopped, 2 celery sticks sliced, 1/2 c chicken stock, 1/2 c beer, 2 ripe tomatoes chopped, 310g can chickpeas rinsed and 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley. Cook spices in dry frying pan over low heat, shaking the pan for 1 minute or until aromatic. Combine pork with spices & flour in a plastic bag & toss well. Heat oil in large heavy-based pan over high heat & cook pork tossing regularly for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery and half of stock and toss well. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Add remaining stock, beer & tomato and season to taste. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover with a tight fitting lid, then simmer over low heat for 1 hour. Gently shake the pan occasionally but do not remove the lid during cooking. Stir in the chickpeas & fresh parsley. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes and serve.
both posted by valentino

Pork Bacon & Onion Stew
If you have some pork, I get the stew pork from the supermarket, fry up onion and bacon till bacon is yummy crispy, then add pork and brown that off, mix up a couple of cups of beef stock, empty pork/bacon into oven proof dish, put stock in frypan and get all the yummy marmitey stuff off the pan and pour over pork, top with mushrooms and put in any herbs you want, cook for 2 hours at least, it is really yummy! I usually cover for one hour then leave the cover off for the last hour.
posted by tommi2":-))