Crock pot question.

chooky, Jul 20, 11:12am
I have seen alot of recipes, casseroles and stews with dumplings. What I want to know is can those recipes be made in a crock pot. Thanks.

katalin2, Jul 20, 12:07pm
I made this recipe from Alison Holst's Slow Cooker recipe book tonight- it was delicious- very light as well. Had friends over and it was a great hit over a spicy casserole: ( the recipe made enough to generously cover casserole in 6.5 litre oval slow cooker)
"These delicious dumplings can be added to almost any slow cooker stew or casserole. For successful dumplings, have the casserole boiling before you add them. An hour before serving time, turn the cooker to HIGH. After 30
minutes, when the casserole is boiling, add the dumplings.

For 10-12 dumplings*: 2 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2-3 Tbsp chopped parsley
25g butter, melted
1 cup milk

In a slow cooker of less than 4.5 litre capacity, use only part of the mixture to make individual dumplings, or use the whole mixture to form one big topping.

Thirty minutes before you want to add the dumplings, switch the slow cooker to HIGH. Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Sprinkle in the parsley, then pour in the melted butter and milk. Mix briefly to form a soft dough. Drop dessertspoon-sized blobs onto the boiling casserole (leaving room for spreading), then put on the lid and cook for a further 30 minutes on HIGH."

chooky, Jul 20, 12:25pm
Thanks ladies, I knew someone would be able to help.

janny3, Jul 20, 1:27pm
Oh I like the look of this.THANKS!