Nutty crunch slice, good morning, help

nicki71, Jul 19, 6:57am
i made the nutty crunch slice that was on good morning this morning but put about 20grams less butter as i didn't have any pumpkin seeds so thought this would be ok but the recipe doesn't seem to be holding together, do you think there is anyway to save it, it's a no bake slice!

lodgelocum, Jul 19, 7:06am
I didn't see the show and don't know the recipe but don't think 20 grams less would make much difference at all.

kassie48, Jul 19, 7:07am
saw & it looked deli. maybe add more condensed milk

nicki71, Jul 19, 7:09am
yeah i didn't think 20gms would make much diff, it's got sunflower seeds, almonds, sesame seeds, a packet of gingernuts, dried apricots and condensed milk and butter, will give it a little longer and see what happens, hope it works, i did replace the apricots with crasins as my wee girl doesn't like apricots

lodgelocum, Jul 19, 7:13am
Sounds nice, hope it works out for you.

lynja, Jul 21, 7:42pm
would you please be able to post the recipe please nicki71, it sounds lovely/

littlemissy1, Jul 21, 8:01pm
Nutty Crunch Slice

Serves: 12
Cost per serve: :$1.00
Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients
1 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup coconut
1 cup chopped almonds
250g packet gingernut biscuits
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
125g butter, chopped
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk

Method
Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm shallow baking tin. Place the sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut and almonds in a non-stick frying pan.
Stir constantly over a low-medium heat for 6-8 minutes, until toasted.
Transfer to a bowl.
Place the gingernuts in a food processor and process until they are fine crumbs.
Stir the crumbs and apricots into the toasted mixture.
Place the butter and condensed milk in a small saucepan. Stir over a low heat until the butter has melted. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well.
Press the mixture over the base of the tin. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour Cut to desired size and store in the refrigerator.