Butter Icing NZ Style please

nzbrat, Jul 21, 11:11pm
Could I please have a recipie for this with some flavour ideas as well please. Everyone seems to make it differently. Some ideas would be great tho.thanks

lx4000, Jul 21, 11:13pm
rub soft butter into icing sugar. Then add lemon juice for lemon icing or cocoa and van ess and water for choco etc :)

sarahb5, Jul 22, 12:13am
I wasn't aware there was a different version specific to New Zealand - I use a fairly standard ratio of 1 butter to 2 icing sugar, ie. 100g butter and 200g icing sugar.Then add a splash of milk and any other flavourings I want - vanilla, lemon, orange, mint, etc.For chocolate I remove a tablespoon of icing sugar and replace it with cocoa.

harrislucinda, Jul 22, 3:55am
THEREISABUTTERICINGON THEBACKOF THEICING SUGARPACKETseemsasabove

lodgelocum, Jul 22, 4:00am
I do 125grams butter, 1 1/2 cups icing sugar and 2 tablespoons milk, beat butter until very pale, add half of other ingredients, mix well then rest of icing sugar and milk, add flavour or colouring.

raewyn64, Jul 22, 4:03am
my mum's one that I use quite often is just melt some butter (sorry don't have quantities but probably about 2 tbs butter) then take it off the heat. Add icing sugar and about 2 tbs of cocoa powder and a splash of vanilla essence and then a splosh of water. Stir it all in together adding icing sugar and/or water until you get a good consistancy. You need it quite thick not runny or it won't set. I usually put a bit on my finger and leave it for a minute or so and see if it feels like it is going hard and then it is ready to use. You might need to dip your knife in some water to help spread it. This icing goes hard not sticky.

tinkagirl, Jul 22, 4:08am
Yep this is the same way I do it.

guest, Jan 11, 7:19am
Way to use the internet to help people solve prlmoebs!

guest, Jan 13, 1:38pm
Hostess Creamy Filling 2 teaspoons very hot waeerroundtd 1/4 teaspoon salt2 cups marshmallow creme (1 7-ounce jar)1/2 cup shortening1/3 cup powdered sugar1/2 teaspoon vanilla1. Combine the salt with the hot water in a small bowl and stir untilsalt is dissolved. Let this mixture cool.2. Combine the marshmallow creme, shortening, powdered sugar, andvanilla in a medium bowl and mix well with an electric mixer on highspeed until fluffy.3. Add the salt solution to the filling mixture and combine.Makes 1 1/2 cupsWhipped Cream Filling1 cup heavy cream1/4 cup confectioners' sugar1/2 teaspoon vanilla extractBeat cream until it begins to thick; add sugar gradually. Add flavoring; continue to beat until cream holds its shape when the beater is raised.

guest, Jan 14, 9:53am
On the vilalna, I love vilalna bean buttercream frosting or chocolate buttercream frosting. As for the filling I love lemon curd filling in a white cupcake.I'm not a fan of German Chocolate sorry, no help there