Fresh eggs

catlover28, Jul 22, 10:36pm
Hi, Ive got a tray of eggs but the label went missing and I dont know the exact expiry date. So, how do I test for freshness! I know they still have some life left in them but I dont want to risk a rude awakening.

miri_s, Jul 22, 10:47pm
You should crack them into a saucer first, rather than directly into the pan:

When you crack them open there should be no smell.If they're going off there'll be sulfuric odour to them, getting worse as they deteriorate.

Edit: eggs will keep for a few weeks, so long as you're refrigerating them.

wheelz, Jul 22, 10:48pm
Firstly, fill a fairly deep bowl with water and carefully lower the egg into the water.
A very fresh egg will immediately sink to the bottom and lie flat on its side. This is because the air cell within the egg is very small. The egg should also feel quite heavy. As the egg starts to lose its freshness and more air enters the egg, it will begin to float and stand upright. The smaller end will lie on the bottom of the bowl, whilst the broader end will point towards the surface. The egg will still be good enough to consume, however, if the egg fully floats in the water and does not touch the bottom of the bowl at all, it should be discarded, as it will most likely be bad.

catlover28, Jul 22, 11:09pm
Thanks. I may have to think about my bakeaphon.

guest, Mar 21, 8:49am
Hello ..Thanks for sharing enxclleet informations. Your web-site is so cool. I am impressed by the details that you've on this web site. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for extra articles. You, my

guest, Mar 21, 8:51pm
Your zone to play free Agame a8C A game onilne! Play free games onilne together with racing games, sports games and a lot of at agamegame.orga1ad.