Cheesecake

thedairyfarmers, Jul 24, 11:55pm
Does anyone have an easy/yummy cheesecake recipe!
I've never made a cheesecake before, but the family are wanting a home-made one for a change!

lx4000, Jul 25, 12:01am
a good hint is look left, use the search and go for the "last year". A great way to find plenty:)

Hope you enjoy makin and eatin :)

thedairyfarmers, Jul 25, 12:02am
Cool, thanks =)

245sam, Jul 25, 12:03am
thedairyfarmers, here's a nice (and easy too) one - it's the recipe from my very first attempt - a very successful one! - at making a cheesecake.

HEAVENLY CHEESECAKE - always popular whenever I make it so I hope you will enjoy it too.
Crumb Crust:
1 packet plain biscuits, crushed
170g butter, melted

Combine the biscuits and butter, then spread evenly into a 22·5cm (9”) springform tin and up the sides. Chill while preparing the Filling:
1 tbsp gelatine
250g cream cheese
¾ cup sugar
3 eggs
¼ cup each of water, lemon juice and milk
pinch salt

Blend the gelatine with the water and lemon juice, then set it aside. Combine the cream cheese, ½ cup sugar, beaten egg yolks, milk and salt. Cook over simmering water for 10 minutes, then blend in the gelatine mixture. Cool the mixture.
Beat 3 egg whites, gradually adding the remaining ¼ cup sugar, until soft peaks form. Fold this into cheese mixture and pour the filling carefully into crumb crust. Refrigerate.
If desired, pile whipped cream on top and serve as a dessert or as a cake with coffee.
This is nicest at least 1 day old, and freezes well too. :-))

angel404, Jul 25, 5:25am
BASE:
1 packet plain biscuits, crushed
170gm butter, melted

FILLING:
1 tin condensed milk
1c of Yoghurt (can be any flavour or just plain)
2tsp gelatine
lemon juice if you have it on hand

Using an electric beater, beat the yoghurt and condensed milk, slowly add the gelatine (that has been mixed in a pot over low heat with 2tablespoons of water until dissolved) until mixed through. Pour onto base and keep in the fridge until set. You can add a fruit topping if you like.