Roast vegies

redwood107, Jul 26, 2:01am
Ok I'm following a posters suggestion for roast vegies

Quote" you could have with roasted courgettes, whole garlic cloves coloured peppers and eggplant. add some balsamic vinegar and oil"

But how do you roast garlic cloves!Aren't they papery!Do you chuck in the whole bulb or ! And how should I slice the courgettes, across or lengthwise, also eggplant!

Useless I know - but I really want to learn.

kirmag, Jul 26, 2:13am
Just chuck the whole garlic bulb in. YUM I love roast garlic.Or if you don't like it that much then just do the individual cloves, you just pull them out and chuck em in with the rest of your vege.Courgettes I just cut into chunks accross so like 1 courgette chop the very ends off and chop into 4-5cm lengths.Egg plant I just slice it round ways and do 1-1.5cm slices.

redwood107, Jul 26, 2:15am
What happens to the papery stuff that is on the garlic bulb normally!

winnie231, Jul 26, 2:41am
When the garlic is cooked it goes soft inside and you can simply squeeze it out of it's papery skin.

malcovy, Jul 26, 2:42am
You can easily squeeze the roasted garlic out of each clove.I made the mistake of leaving oven on at 200C, I forgot about lowing temperature.The garlic was hard but the skin came off easy, the garlic was overcooked and crunchy, I ate it though and it was good.

redwood107, Jul 26, 2:44am
Okey dokey, I'll give it a go.

winnie231, Jul 26, 2:57am
I like to cut my veges on an angle and in even sized chunks - mmm now I want mediterranean roast vege salad :)