Maggi mix for crockpot cooking

joybellss, Jul 24, 11:48pm
Made curry sausage maggi mix for a ouick dinner. according to crockpot bookput 1/2 the required amount of liquid in anddid 3hrs on high but it bolied dry ( was eatable.)Sodo i just put the amount of liquid thats on the pkt and do it on low for that time.
Anyone else used themfor crockpot cooking what did you do please.

madrose, Jul 26, 1:13am
I havnt done the sausage ones but I have done beef strog etc and I just put the amount of water it says and then put it on low for the day :)

bunny51, Jul 26, 2:41am
I often mix those mixes (depending on which ones they are) with a large tin of tomatoes and cook on high for half a day or all day fon low. They don't usually boil dry. IF I was to use water, I think I would just use the amount on the recipe. I think it is important to know how your crock pot cooks as some seem to be faster than others and so need more liquid than others.

grandma, Jul 26, 3:11am
Yes, once you have learnt how your particular one cooks, it's a breeze.Mine is an older model and I put it on High all day for the best results.

deb821, Jul 26, 6:38am
the mccormicks range is nice, never had any problem with their mixes, things come out nice. sometimes gives you instructions for fast and slow cooks, and I normally opt for fast