Japanese food

lillys_mama1, Jul 26, 4:48am
I love teryaki chicken bento boxes, and would love a recipe for the sausy stirfry type dish in it. I have tryed googling Teryaki, katsu and Japanese food but apparently thats not what this dish is called and Im having trouble finding anything that even looks like it. Does anybody have a recipe for japanese food that they love and would like to share! :)

cardiffgirl, Jul 26, 9:17am
Not quite sure what your after. What sort d sturfry dish is it!Bento boxes can havea variety of food in them.depends on the restaurant and what you like to eat. When I do a bento box I would normally have pickles, rice, dumplings ( gyoza), seafood or maybe teriyakichicken and miso soup and a salad of shredded carrot and daikon

shop-a-holic, Jul 26, 12:35pm
Katsu (= cutlet) Tonkatsu (Ton = pork) is one of my favourite Japanese dishes.The same can be done by coating a Pork Steak in Panko breadcrumbs and serving with "katsu sauce".

Closest 'katsu' sauce would be HP sauce, to aid convenience.

Latest craze is to place Tonkatsu inbetween two slices of fresh bread and sliced; called Tonkatsu Sando.

It's no different from having panfried schnitzel or you can use chicken too.
When I lived in Japan, the cheapest place to eat was McDonalds; but I was also addicted to 'Ham Burg' steak.

kiwibubbles, Jul 27, 2:20am
where do you usually get your bento box from! perhaps look them up online - they might have descriptions of what their bento box contains