Mushrooms!

evie.t76, Jul 28, 2:23am
Hi,does anyone have any tasty vegetarian mushroom recipes that are no fuss!Thanks

firemansgirl, Jul 28, 2:32am
Easy Mushroom Risotto

1tspn vegetable oil
1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and chopped
300g risotto rice
1 garlic clove, crushed
200g mushrooms, sliced
900ml (1 ½ pints) hot vegetable stock
75g frozen peas, thawed
Ground black pepper

Method
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan or saucepan and cook the spring onions over a medium-high heat for a few seconds. Add the rice and cook over a low heat for about 1 min, stirring all the time until the rice looks glossy but not brown.
2. Add the garlic and mushrooms, then pour in about half the hot stock and stir well. Cook over a medium heat for 20-25 mins, stirring often and gradually and adding the remaining stock a little at a time until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.
3. Check that the rice is tender. It should have a nice creamy texture. If it needs cooking for a bit longer, add a little more hot water.
4. Add the peas, stirring gently to mix them in. Check the seasoning, adding some pepper if needed. Serve.

evie.t76, Jul 28, 2:38am
thats sounds really good,thanks,ill try it out for dinner tonight!

firemansgirl, Jul 28, 2:44am
It is nice,I've had it loads of times. If I make extra for anyone not wanting a straight vegetarian option I buy a couple of rashers of nice bacon, dice, saute and chuck it into their portion last minute.