Inspiration in the supermarket?

cannontank, Jul 28, 7:31am
Hi - we're participating in Wellington's Start Up weekend. Our team's idea is an iPhone app that gives you recipe/meal inspiration when you're in the supermarket. The menu then turns into a shopping list so that you can go around the supermarket and purchase the required ingredients.

What do you think of the idea!

All feedback/suggestions welcome and gratefully received!

Thanks.

biggles45, Jul 28, 8:06am
Sounds great. Most people shop for a week at a time, so it would be good to do a weeks worth of recipes/ingredients so that you are not going backwards and forwards around the shop.

cannontank, Jul 28, 8:19am
Hi Biggles - yes, good idea. We need to allow people to put the plan/shopping list together before they hit the supermarket.

Thanks for your feedback!

duckmoon, Jul 28, 8:33am
I like the idea.

On a similar idea. I want to be able to go to the vege market (on a Sunday morning) see that XXXXXX vege (or fruit) is cheap, and then have some one plan a meal, or a preserve or a relish for me, and tell me the extra ingredients I need.

Nothing worse than buying 5kg of cauliflower for relish, only to get home and find a recipe to discover I also need capsicum.

Hope this is helpful.

duckmoon, Jul 28, 8:33am
I guess my point is. Not looking for inspiration, but XXXX is on special, what else do I need

ayglepaygle, Jul 28, 10:18pm
This would be helpful!

cannontank, Jul 28, 10:54pm
Hi there - thanks for your feedback - those are good ideas that we'll look to incorporate into the App. Thanks!