Indian style roast lamb

iriegirl, Jul 29, 8:17pm
Am after some inspiration on what to accompany it with! Has been marinating 24hrs in garlic,ginger, cumin and yoghurt. Any ideas gratefully received :o)

davidt4, Jul 29, 9:31pm
You mean Raan or similar!The meat can be dry so I serve it with mild juicy vegetable dishessuch as a cauli and tomato curry, a cabbage foogath, okra with panch phoran, eggplant and tomato curry.

iriegirl, Jul 30, 1:27am
Thanks davidt4, yes it's very similar to raan, would you care to share your eggplant and tomato curry recipe! Sounds perfect to go with the lamb :o) Thanks

purplegoanna, Jul 30, 1:54am
my easy accompniant for my indian roast is usually warm cous cous with diced and fried mushrooms and red capsicum with finely diced sun dried tomatos with heaps of salt/pepper and a beef oxox cube crushed in and mixed thru

davidt4, Jul 30, 4:36am
Here you are.The only drawback is that eggplants are so pricey at the moment.

Eggplant & Tomato Curry

5 small eggplants
2 med tomatoes
1 c yoghurt
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp tumeric
5 tab oil
salt
1 tsp urad dal
1 tsp mustard seeds
coriander leaves

Slice eggplants, keeping stem intact.Chop tomatoes and put in large bowl with curd, salt, tumeric, chilli and onion.Mix well and add eggplants, marinate 1 hour.

Heat oil in large pan, add urad dal and mustard seeds.When seeds splutter add veges, retaining liquid.Mix well, cover and cook 10 min.Add liquid, cover and cook until oil separates out.

Garnish with coriander.

iriegirl, Jul 30, 6:27am
Thanks davidt4, sounds great, and yes I winced at the cost of the eggplants but had to have them, so yummy!