Pork spare ribs-in chch?

deflatedpumpkin, Jul 30, 12:31pm
does anyone know any butchers in christchurch who sell pork spare ribs, in the long rib form!everywhere we've seen, seems to cut the ribs like riblets - several short pieces of rib. DP LOVES spare ribs. like the ones at lone star. but can't find them anywhere to be able to make at home!

245sam, Jul 30, 1:18pm
What part of the city are you in, deflatedpumpkin and do you have a butchers' shop somewhere close by! Sorry I don't know of anywhere in particular and that's mainly because spare ribs is something I haven't wanted to look for, however IMO most butchers would be only too pleased to have your patronage and to know that you're a happy satisfied customer, so why don't you ask your nearest butchers' shop to keep you some spare ribs so that you can cook your DP his beloved spare ribs!: -))

beaker59, Jul 30, 3:07pm
If its a real butcher just ask and he will cut them any way you like.

iriegirl, Jul 30, 10:10pm
Don't know what area you're in but have you tried Peter Timbs! There is one in Edgeware and one in Bishopdale, they're always really helpful so as beaker suggested jut ask them and I'm sure they'll help :o)

huia991, Jul 31, 3:10am
Try Fresh Meats Barrington in Barrington Mall - I got some there a couple of months back.
I have also found that if you go into Mad Butcher they will cut whatever size you like.

happybaby, Jul 31, 3:46am
Verkerk's factory shop has ribs in long pieces - last few weeks selling $2.99/kg - super cheap. not sure if still at this price this week though. check it out, good shop.

4boofs, Jul 31, 11:20am
Euro Deli Meats in Mairehau has lots of pork. They cut ribs long or short to order.

deflatedpumpkin, Aug 1, 10:51am
forgot i wrote this thread. stupid memory. thanks you guys!

i'm in sockburn, so anywhere around the hornby/sockburn/hei hei/riccarton type area is closest. but for good meat, i'll travel!