Whats everyone having for dinner?

cas41, Aug 1, 4:12am
any ideas!

lodgelocum, Aug 1, 4:18am
Steak, onions, mushrooms, salad and chips.

cw_jc, Aug 1, 4:21am
homemade pizza's with chicken and pesto and Camembert :D

geldof, Aug 1, 4:41am
Pumpkin, mushroom, leek and blue cheese risotto with a salad.

Left over curried Kumera soup for those who don't like mushrooms and blue cheese.

jessie981, Aug 1, 4:41am
marinated garlic fresh fish, spicy wedges & old fashion salad.

245sam, Aug 1, 4:53am
For us it's leftovers from Monday evening i.e. 4½ cup chicken (and freshly cooked vegetables too of course), followed by the rest of the apple dessert ("Novelty Apple Pudding") from Monday - we don't always have dessert but that pudding was to try out the new Tentation apples that we discovered at Countdown about 10 days ago.Those apples are a modern take on my old favourite, Golden Delicious.:-))

datoofairy, Aug 1, 4:55am
I made a huge pot of roasted pumpkin and bacon soup today and have just finsihed my 3rd bowlful.I'm so full I can barely move! It was great soup :o)

rainrain1, Aug 1, 4:57am
shearers mince pie,with cauliflower and cabbage from the garden

rainrain1, Aug 1, 5:12am
here's the recipe, someone might like to try it

5 medium potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
500 grams mince
1 onion chopped
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper
1 small tin (250g) mushrooms
30g extra butter
Cheese Sauce
60 grams butter
1 quarter cup plain flour
2 cups milk
1 cup grated tasty cheese

Preparation method
Prep: 30 minutes | Cook: 40 minutes
1.Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a large casserole dish. 2.Peel and cut potatoes into thin slices and place in a bowl of cold water. 3.Heat the oil in a frying pan and add mince, onion, sauces, salt and pepper. Cook over a medium heat until the mince is browned. 4.To make the cheese sauce: melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the flour, blend until smooth and gradually add the milk and stir until sauce thickens. Reduce the heat to low and stir in cheese. Season to taste and remove from heat. 5.Line a casserole dish with half the drained potato slices. Pour in the mince mixture and top with mushrooms. Pour the cheese sauce over the mince mixture and top with remaining potatoes. Dot the potatoes with extra butter. 6.Cook for 30-40 minutes till the top is browned and bubbling.

angel404, Aug 1, 5:59am
We had turkish kebabs :P

cas41, Aug 1, 6:28am
mmmm that sounds great, will make that next time i get some mince,thanks for that

eastie3, Aug 1, 6:38am
i had a toasted sandwich with beetroot relish,onion,ham and cheese filling,two gingernuts and a cup of tea.

nauru, Aug 2, 2:58am
Tonight we are having chicken & vege soup with homemade Soy Linseed bread.For afters it's homemade apple & almond pie with custard, fresh fruit or Yoghurt.

sarahb5, Aug 2, 3:06am
Spaghetti carbonara made the "traditional" way - pasta, eggs, bacon and cheese

nzhuia, Aug 2, 4:38am
Thanksrainrain,sounds nice.

tommydog, Aug 2, 4:56am
Rice Noodles with Chicken Mince and Green Beans.Its a Bill Granger recipe and very delicious as it is easy to make.Just made some Choc Chip Cookiesso will probably have one or two of those for desert while hopefully watching NZ win lots of Gold Medals.

harrislucinda, Aug 2, 4:56am
cottagepieandveg

hails1, Aug 2, 5:03am
prawn salad

geldof, Aug 2, 5:18am
Chicken Tagine on herby couscous with veges.
Baked apples.