How long to keep Fish

4b1g, Aug 2, 1:46am
Hi, I battered and fried some Blue Cod on Tuesday, put the excess in a container in the fridge.Can I use this tonight!Will it be ok to be reheated or is that too long!

cookessentials, Aug 2, 1:47am
How does it smell! if it has an ammonia smell, get rid of it.

245sam, Aug 2, 1:56am
As cookessentials/Pam has asked "How does it smell!"If you're not happy with the smell, then it shouldn't be on the menu, however as it has already been "battered and fried" and was presumably fresh the day you did that, I expect that it will still be ok, but if not sure after doing the 'sniff test', then taste a tiny piece - if then not happy re both smell and taste, discarding the fish should be your only option.:-))

beaker59, Aug 2, 1:16pm
I handle allot of fish and have never got sick from old fish it does however get smelly and soft if left too long or poorly looked after (very quickly if not kept clean and dry and cold) and becomes basically inedible so the sniff test is the best if it smells fine it usually is. Your cod will be ok I would say.

However once cooked I don't keep it longer than 2 days in the fridge thats it throw it out after that not worth the risk.

Smoked - if done in one of those 15min quick smokers 2 days in fridge. If done in a 1 - 4 hour hot smoke then up to 2 weeks in the fridge. proper cold smoked up to 6 months hanging in the pantry but thats getting hard to find these days. I do mine for 1 to 2 hours hot and it never lasts long the smell keeps drawing every one back to the fridge for a nibble.

bernice1, Aug 2, 11:33pm
Old saying.Fish, family and friends go off after three days!

guest, Apr 6, 7:48am
2KMFNN tfzvuiqoufpf