Help, sticky muffins

alibeli, Aug 3, 12:02am
Hi, I'm pretty new to this forum, but I'd like some help with my muffin making please.
Whenever I make fruit styile muffins (eg blueberry) I think I cook them fine, they come out of the tin fine, but the next day (when I'm putting into luchboxes) they seem to be sticky on the outside - but cooked fine in the middle (and quite yummy tasting).What am I doing wrong! any help much appreciated. Thanks.

thq, Aug 3, 4:00am
my do that some times too,sorry can not help as to why but hey they still tastes good!

alibeli, Aug 3, 4:11am
Thanks, yes nothing wrong with the taste, just complaints about sticky fingers!

nik12, Aug 4, 10:44am
No idea sorry, but try cooking them in the paper cases, then at least they've got them hold on too!
And, btw, complaints about sticky fingers lol. tell them to cook their own lovely home baking then!

lcl2, Aug 4, 8:49pm
I find that the packet muffin mixes go sticky but if I make my own they don'. Maybe sprinkle them with icing sugar before putting them in the lunchbox

ange164, Aug 4, 10:21pm
The recipes I have that do that, are ones with yoghurt or sourcream in them. Sometimes oil ones too. So, try a muffin recipe with melted butter instead of oil and see how you go.

fifie, Aug 4, 11:28pm
Make sure muffins are completely cold before storing. If you put them in a container and seal with a lid they sweat, try putting a paper towel in bottom of container and between layers of muffins to absorb the moisture. Or reduce sugar content by about 2 tablespoons, sometimes high sugar content makes them create moisture.

alibeli, Aug 5, 2:05am
Thanks, def cold before I put them into tins.I think maybe we are onto somehting with the sugar - as I'm always surprised how much sugar is in them.

guest, Jan 11, 5:27pm
Why do I bother calnlig up people when I can just read this!

guest, Jan 13, 5:42pm
I'm not sure where the second part of my post went but I'll rytpee it .another extremely true story a girl in the town i use to live in had been riding her horse she took off the saddle and dropped something..not sure what maybe it was that she just bent down i've never known for sure but anyway when she was leaning up she got kicked in the face and is now BLIND! True story I promise!! She was only 16 years old! Your mother I'm sure doesn't NOT want y'all to have fun just get away

guest, Jan 14, 11:14am
*Extremely true story-my trainer was metnuod on a speed pony about to run a speed class her mother was standing beside her the pony got spooked by somethung..not sure what and the pony started bucking and kicking evidently the mother couldn't get out of the pony's range and she got kicked to death My trainer got thrown off and wasn't hurt but her dear Mother died in her arms! These were extremly, extremely knowleggable horse people. It happened IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE. My trainer's b