Cheesecake ?

accroul, Aug 8, 1:29am
Making an uncooked cheesecake for the weekend. I have a 26cm flan dish about 3 cm high. Does one pkt cream cheese & 1 pkt jelly made with 250ml water sound about right for filling over biscuit base!
I'd like to pop a little pureed fruitsalad in there too so I don't want to add too much water to the jelly.

kinna54, Aug 8, 2:51am
It should be fine.that sounds about right.it depends upon how deep you want the filling, but that sounds okay.
Beware too much liquid with the jelly, it may pay to either reduce the liquid quantity (depending upon how much liquid is in the fruit, and the type of fruit,) or maybe add an extra bit (1 tsp!- 1 TBSP) of gelatine to the mix.

accroul, Aug 8, 2:56am
It won't be a deep filling - maybe 2.5cm deep. When I make up the jelly, I'm planning on only using 1/2 the water (250ml instead of 500ml), do you think I should still add a little extra gelatine!

kinna54, Aug 8, 3:11am
I just looked at one of my recipes for a lemon cheesecake slice. It uses
1 and 3/4 cups water to an 85gm pkt of jelly, with 250gms cream cheese, and 300ml thickened cream.
Does your recipe have the cream! If so cutting the water quantity to half should be okay. If not, then adding 1 tsp of gelatine should be okay.
My normal cheesecake recipe has 3 tsps gelatine to 250 gm cream cheese.
Hope that makes sense.