Cooksessentials, A question please

vintagekitty, Apr 14, 2:53am
Do you know who makes the red mixers? , is it kenwood

cqlt45, Apr 14, 3:21am
Sunbeam have red mixers

vintagekitty, Apr 14, 3:24am
thanks cqlt45, Im going shopping this week!

rrrg, Apr 14, 3:24am
Kitchen Aid too

cookessentials, Apr 14, 3:25am
Hi vintagekitty, Sunbeam ( dont touch them) Kenwood and Kitchenaid all have the red mixers. The standard red in Kitchenaid is called "Empire Red" - they also do "candy apple red" which is their 90th anniversary model and has a slightly metallic look to it - looks just like a toffee apple red.

vintagekitty, Apr 14, 3:32am
thanks heaps, wont get a sunbeam. For the price, this baby has to last!

cookessentials, Apr 14, 4:19am
Kitchen Aid Empire red $899 and the candy apple is $999 - this is a limited edition colour.

vintagekitty, Apr 14, 4:21am
sshhhh, Dont put it in print, If I just swipe the card, its not like I think about it, you see, its part of the kitchen renovation! !

st_allie, Apr 14, 6:03am
just out of interest. . I see a lot of the more expensive mixers with bowls etc on trademe for sale. . I'm a handmixer person. . but interest is piqued as to whether it is worth investing in one. .

maxwell.inc, Apr 14, 6:08am
Nothing wrong with my Sunbeam. . I had one of the originals (mixmaster) that lasted 30 years. . and then the only reason I had to replace was because I couldnt get a new bowl for it! the motor went on to power something "manly" out in the shed. . I have the metal body 'newer' one . . got it 10 years ago and its thrashed by me, goes hard and strong. . ideal cake mixer if thats all your after (ie u dont want all the fancy stuff the kenwoods come with)

retired, Apr 14, 6:11am
Well I only had my Sunbeam for a couple of days before it broke down... . maybe the old ones are ok but I too would not touch any Sunbeam. Even now, after going for repair, goes with the off button on!

uli, Apr 14, 6:13am
Do you really buy by colour rather than specs?
You are pulling our leg - right?

maxwell.inc, Apr 14, 6:17am
I wouldnt touch the plastic fantastics of anything... but the metal body ones are fine (well they were when I re-bought)

its a bit like saying. . dont buy a Subaru, Dont buy a Mazda. . , . oh I wouldnt touch a Ford with a ten foot flag pole... etc

greerg, Apr 14, 6:17am
Vintagekitty I couldn't live without my 30+ year old Kenwood - has justifed the expense athousand times. It's still going strong but over the years the whisk had distorted and eventually broke recently. felt quite bereft until I found the right model on TM last week. I bought my student daughter the same model on here a couple of years ago and her all male flatmates appreciate its output very much.

cookessentials, Jan 30, 11:57am
Sunbeam and kenwoods from 30 years ago are VERY different from the new versions I am sorry to say. As for wanting red - yep, if VK wants red, then that is fine - she will find a great mixer with great "specs" uli in red or green or white or black or chrome or tangerine or brushed nickel or pink and quite a number of other colours to boot.