Cheesecake - I have no sweetened Condenced Milk

firerulerx, Jun 16, 4:07am
Hi All

I was wanting to make a simple no - bake cheesecake, I have plenty of cream and cream cheese, but no sweetened condensed milk.

Does anyone have a recipe that doesn't require condensed milk!
TIA

eta: to correct my spelling!

ibcreative, Jun 16, 4:33am
Hi,
If you put cheesecake into the box on the left, change the drop down list to last year and click on search you should get some recipes.

Good luck - cheesecake is yummy!

marcs, Jun 16, 12:02pm
250g cream cheese, 1 cup castor sugar, 2 cups cream. 5 tsp gelatine sprinkled over 5 tbs of water. Flavouring - what ever you like. you can use 3 medium lemons (2 large) zest and juice, Bailey - put as much as you like but taste as you go till you get the flavour right, passionfruit, vanilla.

Beat cream cheese and sugar till smooth and no lumps. Add cream and mix on low speed till well combined. Melt gelatin in microwave. pour into the mixture while the mixer is running on low. add your flavour. Pour onto a prepared biscuit base. Chill for a few hours.

rozke, Jun 16, 12:11pm
as 3# but instead of gelatine use 1 pkt of jelly yr choice of colour (we have lime or raspberry or strawberry) half set the jelly.

245sam, Jun 16, 12:41pm
firerulerx, here's a recipe that I have posted a number of times here on this MB - it's the recipe from my very first attempt - a very successful one! - at making a cheesecake.

HEAVENLY CHEESECAKE - always popular whenever I make it so if you try it, I hope you will enjoy it too.
Crumb Crust:
1 packet plain biscuits, crushed
170g butter, melted

Combine the biscuits and butter, then spread evenly into a 22·5cm (9”) springform tin and up the sides. Chill while preparing the Filling:
1 tbsp gelatine
250g cream cheese
¾ cup sugar
3 eggs
¼ cup each of water, lemon juice and milk
pinch salt

Blend the gelatine with the water and lemon juice, then set it aside. Combine the cream cheese, ½ cup sugar, beaten egg yolks, milk and salt. Cook over simmering water for 10 minutes, then blend in the gelatine mixture. Cool the mixture.
Beat 3 egg whites, gradually adding the remaining ¼ cup sugar, until soft peaks form. Fold this into cheese mixture and pour the filling carefully into crumb crust. Refrigerate.
If desired, pile whipped cream on top and serve as a dessert or as a cake with coffee.
This is nicest at least 1 day old, and freezes well too. :-))

marcs, Jun 17, 3:14am
I have found gelatine ones don't set that well also I rather prefer fresh flavours put into it. Makes the cheesecake taste nicer.

tigeraptor2001, Jun 17, 5:47am
Here's one with no condensed milk or gelatine needed!

Simple no bake Cheesecake

Base:
Ingredients:

200gms Plain biscuits
75gms butter

Method:

Either whizz up the biscuits in a food processor (Which is quicker) or put in a plastic bag and wrap in a tea towel and repeatedly bash with a rolling pin (which is more fun!) til crumbs from.

Mix butter and press into the base of a 20cm springform tim.

Refrigerate while you get on with the filling.

Filling
Ingredients:

250gms room temperature cream cheese
60gms icing sugar
1 lemon
300mls/1cup of cream

Method:

Beat the cream cheese, icing sugar, and juice of the lemom together in a large bowl with a wooden spoon.

Then, in another smaller bowl, whip the cream, and fold into the cream cheese. Fold the cream in a quarter at a time, using large movements of the spoon - if that makes sense - to mix it in gently.

Spread this evenly accross the base - a spatula is useful here - and refrigerate for at least three hours. Overnight is fine if you want to get it done in advance,

When you are ready to serve it, run a knife round the cheesecake and unclip the tin. Don't try to take the base of the cake off, or the whole thing will disintergrate!

Toppings:
You can put whatever you fancy on the top, here are three you might like:

Berry Sauce:Take 1/3 cup of berry jame and gently heat it in a small pan, with 1 tbsp of icing sugar and 1 tbsp lemon juice. you don't want it to be hot just slightly softened. Add more lemon juice to taste. Spread the cooled mixture over the cheesecke.

Butterscotch sauce: In a small pot, gently heat 40gms of butter and 1/3 cup brown sugar. When it starts to bubble, remove from the heat, add 2 tbsp of cream and let it cool a bit before pouring over the cheesecake.

Cinnamon apple: Take one green apple and dice it finely (leave the skin on).Place in a small pot with 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and 2 tbsp of brown sugar. Simmer gently for 15 minutes till the apples are quite soft and pile over the cheesecake once they've cooled a bit.

Enjoy! :)