Right, instructions on how to roast pork

mattdylan, Jun 21, 3:43am
I have about 1.3kg pork middle roast - can someone please give me clear step by step instructions (indluding heat time and temp) on how to cook this! I would love some crackling too, so appreciated!

mattdylan, Jun 21, 3:54am
OK I have done some reading online, I think i have the knack, but do you useFAN BAKE or normal BAKE ! thanks

harrislucinda, Jun 21, 3:55am
eitherbutfanbakethey say takeslesstime

biggles45, Jun 21, 3:56am
Preheat oven to 200ºC. If your oven has a fan function use it.
Score the skin of the pork with a sharp knife then pat dry with paper towel.
Mix together garlic & salt and massage into the pork rubbing in well between the scored lines.
Place pork on a rack in a roasting tray-rack lets air circulate around the roast for even cooking.

ETA use the juice from the tray to make gravy - yum
Drizzle over some oil.
Pour 1 cup of boiling water into the oven tray (avoid getting it on the meat).
Place in the pre-heated oven for half an hour and then reduce the temperature to 150ºC and cook a further 1.5 hours or until the juices run clear when the meat is pierced with a sharp knife.

mattdylan, Jun 21, 3:58am
Oh man you are awesome, thank you so much!

beaker59, Jun 21, 4:01am
Biggles is on to it for oven roasting. Keep the skin up so it can make good crackling.

I personally do my Pork roasts on the Kettle BBQ over charcoal its much tastier IMO.

biggles45, Jun 21, 4:21am
Enjoy. I love pork!

walkerb, Jun 21, 4:23am
The trick to get it to crackle is to pour boiling water over fat before salting.
Opens the pores up.Works for me every time.

guest, Dec 17, 9:29am
Gee Dave,You might have covered this in aohtner post but can you tell us where you purchased your backgrounds and h0w far away are you from it and the lights and camera in front of you? Also what camera are you using that get's such great web quality?