PASTA MAKER RECIPES:

devalois, Jul 14, 9:51pm
Just shouted myself a PASTA MAKER and have yet to use it.feel a bit daunted! Does anyone out there use one regularly, and does it get easier to do with practise! devalois

appleberrygifts, Jul 15, 12:56am
I was so scared before I used one for the first time, but really once you have used it once you will wonder what you were so worried about. It's really easy and I love to use mine now.

unknowndisorder, Jul 15, 7:50am
Grab 1 egg, 100g of flour (high grade). Mix together (you can use a food processor). (2 eggs, 200g flour etc).

Knead for about 7-10 minutes. Add drops of water if necessary, or flour.

Once you've kneaded it, rest for half an hour (the dough, you can carry on lol).

Chop into smaller pieces (4 for 200g, but it depends on what length you're after, I usually do 100g & still chop into 4).

Flatten slightly with rolling pin, roll through machine on thickest setting (once). Roll through machine on next setting. Repeat till you're at the thickness you want (only roll through once per setting).

You can shape it slightly after each roll, or not bother, up to you. For lasagne, you're done, unless you want pretty edges, then cut with a cutting thing. For spaghetti/taglatelli (or whatever it's called), run through cutting blades.

Let it dry for a while, or put into put of boiling water. Drain once al dente and enjoy.

It really is easy, and I've gone from really disliking pasta, to enjoying making it and now love eating it, as well as making it.

janny3, Jul 17, 3:20pm
Thanks for this.

beaker59, Jul 17, 3:31pm
if it starts tearing or deforming then just rest it for 5 min on the bench then back too it. At first I used to undercook mine as its actually almost al dente when it goes in the pot I started cooking a little longer and suddenly got the actual feel for done just be careful with that otherwise its as simple as it sounds.

Another fav is filled pasta roll to moderate thickness then lay on bench cut circles using a drinking glass then add a dollop of filling to center moisten edge and fold in half press edges together its that simple last time I did thise I used left over roast chicken and stuffing in blender with sme sliced onion whizzed to a paste. very yummy. Also sheets make the best lasagne the dried supermarket stuff tastes like cardboard to me now.

janny3, Aug 21, 2:34pm
Thanks for the idea.That's going to be a useful way to use up leftovers.Love mashed pumpkin ravioli so this is a helpful hint.Cheers!