pumpkin Soup

alebix, Apr 13, 9:47am
How on earth do you make it...

I bet its as easy as boiling it, then blitzing it right?

tommi2, Apr 13, 9:49am
Crock Pot Pumpkin Soup Ingredients 1oz (30g) butter 2lb (1kg) Pumpkin – peeled and cut into inch square pieces 1 medium onion 2 cloves stuck into the onion 2 tspn sugar salt to taste – pinch 2½ cup Chicken Stock 1 cup Milk Method 1. Place butter and pumpkin in crock pot and put onto high. When butter has melted, stir to coat pumpkin and cook for 1 hour on high. (If in hurry, just wait for butter to melt, stir and go to step 2 ignore the hour cooking – still turns out great just slightly less intense flavour). 2. Add onion, sugar, salt and stock. Cover and cook for 8-9 hours on Low OR 4-5 hours on High. 3. When ready to serve, remove the onion. 4. Puree soup in a blender or use a hand held device. 5. Add milk, to achieve correct consistency. (DO NOT add milk if intending on freezing – just freeze as is. Can add milk when thawed). 6. Serve with a sprinkling of Nutmeg and a dollop of sour cream

purplegoanna, Apr 13, 9:50am
i just bumped the other thread for you

fpress, Apr 13, 9:56am
Made some today... this is what I did. .
a good splosh of olive oil in the soup pot, chuck in a few fresh sage leaves and stir them around for about 3 mins until they are crispy but not brown. Remove them from pan. To the fragrant oil add 2 chopped red onions, 2 chopped carrots, 2 sticks of celery if you have them (i used celery salt as dont have celery)... a teaspoon of crushed garlic and half a teaspoon of crushed fresh chilli. Stir round and leave to cook on a low heat to soften onion and carrots etc.
Then add 4 cups of good quality chicken stock and 2kg of chopped and peeled Crown Pumpkin. Bring to a rolling boil and turn down to simmer until pumpkin is soft. I used my hand held bamix to puree the soup. Season with salt and pepper.
My miss fussy 11 (i dont like pumpkin soup) just had a bowl for supper before she went to bed.

twindizzy, Apr 13, 10:47am
Needs bacon and garlic too

fisher, Apr 13, 11:26am
Easy Pumpkin Soup
Ingredients:
2 rashers bacon1 medium onion2 cups "steamed" pumpkin1 pint stock1/2 tsp salt1 tsp curry powderpinch of thyme1 tsp soya sauce
Method:
Cut bacon into small pieces and sauté with onions using a little butter. Add steamed , mashed pumpkin and remaining ingredients.
Simmer until flavours blended. Blend with electric wand and add a little cream if desired. Sprinkle of parsley on top. Taste, adjust seasoning. .

korbo, Apr 13, 7:18pm
I make this recipie same as fisher, but just put raw pumpkin in, and bring to the boil, simmer until soft, then sometimes just get an egg beater and whisk it up . cant wait until the real winter to arrive... .

dezzie, Apr 13, 8:34pm
Our house has found that the addition of some sweet chilli sauce gives pumpkin soup an added depth.

alebix, Jan 28, 5:54pm
Thank you all so much. So many great recipes to choose from. Im sure going to be busy today...

Much appreciated.