Your best Seafood dish?

kirmag, Jun 25, 1:46am
Seafood dinner coming up for work.I am going to do a smoked fish pie mmm yum!But any other ideas out there would be great, could change my mind and do something different.

petal1955, Jun 25, 1:47am
Italiano mussels

aglarana, Jun 25, 1:50am
Flounder baked in cream. Yum!
Curried creamy mussels. Yum!
Raw Fish. Yum!

Dang. Now I'm craving seafood.

beaker59, Jun 25, 7:35am
great dish is Mussel fritters can be an entree or main or even just a nice finger food if done small.

1 dozen good sized fat mussels,
Shell them raw its a knack but easy once you get the hang of it and about 100% better than steamed open ones.
drain the mussels then debeard and check for things that shouldn;t be there like crabs etc.
Chop them into 3 or 4 pieces roughly then add a finely chopped onion and a tomato some finely chopped corriander or parsley also nice is a pinch or two of curry powder and a finely chopped red chilli though thats to your own taste, then a beaten egg and a 2 or 3 of tablespoons of plain flour and a pinch of baking powder.

fry in butter/oil mix until golden brown.

kirmag, Jun 25, 11:02pm
Mmmm mussel fritters, didn't even think of those. might just make them for myself one night :)

jellabie, Jun 26, 2:53am
you cant beat a real paua fritter.But fish pie is easy to self serve and carry to work in one dish. so probably a great practical idea, its no fuss and can be reheated easily.I like smoked salmon filo parcels with cream cheese inside them but you would need to reheat them at work.I also like little fish strips coated in crushed cornflakes and they are nice cold (especially dipped in Nandos sweet chilli sauce) - but cold fish might not suit everyone.You could go retro with scallops wrapped in bacon or those pink cocktail dishes that have orange dressing on them. I cant remember the name of the little critters.

kirmag, Jun 26, 3:31am
Ooooh shrimp cocktails! hahaha real retro!

Yum love scallops!My fav! how much r they in supermarkets tho!Could do a few of those. and the pie.

Yeh definite easy reheat with the pie. and they always taste better the day.

limejelly, Jun 26, 3:42am
A nice fish salad is always good and it makes a lot.I buy a bag of pre made dry coleslaw and chop up surimi (sp) and throw that and cooked shrimps into it.Then I drizzle in lemon juice and then spoon a good quality mayonaise through it all.It is delicious.

kirmag, Jun 26, 3:44am
Ooooh yeh I do that too.Surimi coleslaw. great with bbqs. has to be best foods mayo with it hehe.Haven't put shrimps in it tho, but will give it a go next time!