Pumpkin soup

sevenge, Jun 25, 11:05pm
until now i have used butternut squash, for my pumpkin soup as its so easy to peal, saw a hint on here the other day, put whole pumpkin in microwave for 20mins, yay, have now made a huge pot full and left the skin on, thanks for the hint guys

fifie, Jun 26, 12:20am
Always use the big grey pumpkins and M/wave, its much easier to cut, i roast mine then take the skin off before using stick blender makes heaps for the freezer.

sevenge, Jun 26, 12:48am
kept the skin on except for blemishes, sooooooo yummy

hoppity23, Jun 26, 7:59am
really u keep the skin on!

sevenge, Jun 26, 8:07am
i did this time, all the best vitamins are under the skin, and its really nice, added, onions, leeks, celery,parsnip,swede, curry, cumin, coconut cream, forgot the kitchen sink tho.

hoppity23, Jun 26, 8:15am
my next soup is going to be thai pumpkin soup made southern style frittata tonight it was ok have alot left over aswell which is good, am now not going to the supermarket thinking what am i going to have for tea, instead i wrote down a few ingredients got 2-3 things of meat btw the meat now costs under $20.00 a full trolley but is now only costing me about $100.00 for all the shopping. :) really really pleased with this :)