Got a easy microwave self saucing choc pudding?

245sam, Jun 27, 11:38pm
Here you are sunny_nz - easy and sooo good too.

CHOCOLATE SELF-SAUCING PUDDING[microwaved]
1 cup (155g) self-raising flour
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp cocoa
¾ cup (175g) sugar
2 tbsp butter, melted
½ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla essence

Mix the four dry ingredients, then add the remaining ingredients and stir to form a batter.Spoon the mixture into a large microwaveproof ring mould or casserole dish.Top with the
Sauce:
½ cup (120g) brown sugar
1 tbsp cocoa
2 tbsp coconut
1½ cups boiling water

Combine the brown sugar, cocoa and coconut, then sprinkle the mixture over the pudding batter.Over the back of a spoon and on to the pudding carefully pour the boiling water.
Cook, elevated one.g. an upturned sauce, onHIGH/100% power for 6-7 minutes, uncovered.:-))

westward1, Jun 28, 1:59am
245sam wrote:
Here you are sunny_nz - easy and sooo good too.

CHOCOLATE SELF-SAUCING PUDDING[microwaved]
1 cup (155g) self-raising flour
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp cocoa
¾ cup (175g) sugar
2 tbsp butter, melted
½ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla essence

Mix the four dry ingredients, then add the remaining ingredients and stir to form a batter.Spoon the mixture into a large microwaveproof ring mould or casserole dish.Top with the
Sauce:
½ cup (120g) brown sugar
1 tbsp cocoa
2 tbsp coconut
1½ cups boiling water

Combine the brown sugar, cocoa and coconut, then sprinkle the mixture over the pudding batter.Over the back of a spoon and on to the pudding carefully pour the boiling water.
Cook, elevated one.g. an upturned sauce, onHIGH/100% power for 6-7 minutes, uncovered.:-))
Sam, this sounds wonderful, however I'm a tad confused by the cooking method, especially the "an upturned sauce"! Can you clarify please!

245sam, Jun 28, 2:13am
westward1, oops - my apologies, there's a typo there - it should read "upturned sauceR.Very often when cooking, especially baking in the microwave, for even cooking it helps to elevate the dish that the cake, dessert, etc. is in, hence the upturned saucer.

Hope that clarifies the cooking method for you and again, my apologies for the typo.:-))

kesley, Jun 28, 10:05am
I actually put a week into developing a really good one. This one won out, it separates into three layers: cake/sauce/cake. Very impressive and o so delicious.

85g butter
1.5 cups flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3T cocoa
1/2 cup milk
a pinch of salt
3tsp baking powder
1/2tsp vanilla essence

3/4 cup brown sugar
2T cocoa
1.25 cups boiling water

Melt the butter in a large microwavable bowl, and then stir in the other ingredients in that block (down to the vanilla essence) to make a nice, thick batter. Add the second measure of cocoa to the second measure of brown sugar and stir together well, making sure there aren't any lumps of either. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the surface of the batter, and then pour the boiling water over the top (if you pour it over the back of a spoon it disturbs the sugar mixture less, but this doesn't matter too much).

Microwave on high for about 10 minutes, or until a cake-like crumb has formed in the top layer of the pudding.

NOTE: cook it in quite a large container, as it bubbles up heaps while cooking.

propagator, Jun 28, 11:10am
Some of these recipes are quite doughy.I suggest adding an egg.

budaren, Oct 1, 7:28am
thanx yum yum