Homemade Ferrero Rocher

400 grams milk chocolate melts
1 tblsp Kremelta
1 small pkt hazelnuts or almonds
1 jar nutella
Appx 10 wafers
Crushed nuts
Method:
Melt chocolate and Kremelta in glass jug.
Medium microwave (2-3 mins).
Rough crush wafers add to chocolate.
Place 1/2 teaspoon of chocolate mixture in each space of ice tray.
Place nut in each cover with nutella.
Fill with remainder of chocolate.
Sprinkle with crushed nuts on top.
Set in fridge 20 to 25 mins.

Nutella truffles
• /2 cup heavy cream
• 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
• 9 oz. chopped, semi-sweet chocolate
• 2 Tablespoons Nutella
• For the coating:
• 6 oz. chocolate
• 5-1/2 oz. skinned & toasted hazelnuts, finely chopped (see how to skin a hazelnut under En Plus)
PREPARATION:
1. Mix the cream, butter and corn syrup together in a saucepan. Place over medium heat and bring to a full boil. Turn off heat.

2. Add 9 ounces of the chopped chocolate, and gently swirl the pan.
Do not stir. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.

3. After 5 minutes, add the nutella and whisk slowly to combine.

4. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and refrigerate for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. In the meantime, line baking sheets with parchment paper.

5. After 45 minutes, the mixture will start to thicken quickly, keep refrigerated another 11 to 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.

6. Using a mini ice cream scoop or two spoons, form the mixture into 1-inch balls and and place on the prepared sheets.

7. Chill until firm, about 10-15 minutes. While the balls are chilling, melt the remaining 6 ounces of chocolate. After it is completely melted, allow to cool slightly before continuing.

8. Place chopped hazelnuts in a small bowl. Remove the balls from the refrigerator. Using one hand, dip the balls into the melted chocolate. Roll it around in your hand, allow the excess to drip back into the bowl. Place the truffle in the chopped hazelnuts. With your clean hand, cover the truffle with the nuts.

9. Lift it out and place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining truffles. Place back in the refrigerator for 5-8 minutes to set.
To store:
Makes about 24 truffles. May be stored up to one week in an airtight container.

sweetgurl108, Nov 30, 11:33pm
Ahh, but is it the REAL Nutella? I'm all for bland brands but the other versions of Nutella taste all wrong. Like Cadbury chocolate.

Truffles ^^^ sound YUM!

indigojo, Nov 30, 11:35pm
nutella in hot pancakes = yum...

duckmoon, Nov 30, 11:59pm
It does last forever... You oculd put it in the disaster box.

enpointe, Dec 1, 12:20am
Nutella biscuits (google) are yummo. Just add some raisins or something for some extra zing.

suie1, Dec 1, 3:32am
Someone I know used it on a cake instead of icing.

sheepfarmer, Dec 1, 4:20am
lol got a different brand and big one at that and one taste and they wont touch... gotta have the real one

gaspodetwd, Dec 1, 5:04am
It use to be nice - put since they stuffed it full of palm oil and reduced the nuts it is like gunk. No more in our house! I refuse to buy palm oil ! ! !

jocook1, Dec 1, 7:49am
i went to a tupperware party once and they used ice cube trays and put some chopped nuts at the bottom, put a bit of melted chocolate on top then a teaspoon of nutella then more chocolate. the chill in the fridge. They come out of the ice cube trays easy, could make some nice little xmas gifts :)

stormbaby, Dec 1, 8:47pm
jocook1 that's cool. Will try that one. I once had a homestay student (NZ) who used to aggravate me by going through the cupboards and chucking out anything past its use by date. In particular, large jars of very expensive Nutella. Not that I had a lot of things, but sometimes you don't use a lot of something and its perfectly ok. I was continually checking my bin! At present I have a large amount of Milo cereal which the kids have "gone off". Been using it for afgans but might do some truffles.

hezwez, Dec 1, 10:04pm
Where was your homestay student last week when I made an omelette for the dog with an egg I found at the back of the fridge with a BB date of 16th. Sept? I won't explain on a recipes thread what the dog did with it. :-x

pickles7, Dec 2, 12:57am
And I thought it was just an, earth quake... . . lol

squeakygirl, Apr 13, 4:16am
Milo cereal is nice sprinkled on ice cream.

emseacows, Apr 13, 8:34pm
i use nutella as icing for cakes.

abfab12, Apr 14, 2:32am
Make Rachel Ray's Chocolate Ravioli ! Yummy ! !

vintagekitty, Apr 14, 2:50am
Chocolate Ravioli sounds interesting, whats in it? ?

purplegoanna, Apr 14, 2:54am
buga that im 1/3rd of a way thru a jar by just eating of the tsp! its one of the few chocolate type things i can eat without getting a headache.

krazy_kat, Apr 14, 3:55am
another way is nutella in wonton wrappers fried and sprinkled with icing sugar. Yum-oh! You can add marshmellows in as well with the nutella.

lindylambchops1, Jan 29, 5:19pm
use the Nutella in smoothies or milkshakes... . . whiz up glass milk, banana, spoon or two of yoghurt, spoon of oat bran, spoon of Nutella or variations to your own kid's preferences. Enjoy!