4 egg yolks left over from rolled pav... any ideas

liamjosh, Apr 13, 3:52am
on what to do with them please. Ta

chris313, Apr 13, 4:03am
What about hollandaise sauce? Or a bread and butter pudding.

245sam, Apr 13, 4:11am
or to make lemon curd (either to use as a spread or filling for lemon tarts or as a yummy lemon curd topping/filling for your pavlova) orbaked egg custard or to enrich a basic custard powder-based custard or with a little added water or oil as the egg part of a crumb coating for fish or meat (chicken, schnitzel or whatever other kind of meat)... . . :-))

gaspodetwd, Apr 13, 4:15am
chocolate custard. And have with banana. mmmm.

greerg, Apr 13, 4:48am
Custard based icecream if you have an icecream maker,

basenjibabe, Apr 13, 5:18am
cheese straws

barloo, Apr 13, 9:14am
omelet, pancakes, scrambled eggs, mix with grated cheese and onion etc and put on thick bread (toasted 1 side) and grill.

duckmoon, Apr 14, 5:49am
When I make a pav, I also make Nigella Lawson's
Chocolate Cherry Trifle (goggle is your friend)

willyow, Apr 14, 5:56am
Custard with vanilla bean?

st_allie, Apr 14, 6:00am
I read somewhere you can freeze them for up to 4 months. . in case you don't get a chance to use them in the next 3 days ( keep covered in fridge in the meantime. .

akd100, Apr 14, 6:57am
Spinach and ricotta cannoloni.

saskianz, Apr 14, 6:58am
Aioli or other mayonnaise.

lonicera, Apr 14, 7:58am
Creme Anglaise or a simple, but lovely egg custard.

raebea, Apr 14, 8:50am
if I make meringes(sp) I try to make a bacon & egg pie the same day & add the yokes to the other whole eggs.

suie1, Apr 14, 10:15am
Cream Brulee yum. add 1/2 C cream & 1 D sugar per egg yolk & a drop or 2 of vanilla ess. Dissolve sugar in cream over hot but not simmering water, once sugar is completely dissolved, remove from heat, beat egg yolks together & whisk into cream. Pour into ramekins, place in a water bath & bake in a moderate oven until custard just holds it shape when a knife is inserted down the side. Cool & refrigerate. Sprinkle with sugar & place under a hot grill until sugar caramelises, cool & refrigerate until serving.

buzzy110, Apr 14, 10:50am
Here are a whole lot of suggestions posted by winnie during the lead up to Xmas> Can't remember the thread name so will have to repost.

The following posts are for TRADE ME RECIPES only.

buzzy110, Apr 14, 10:53am
FOODTOWN MAGAZINE ZABAGLIONEUses 6 egg yolks at a time! ! Into the top of a double boiler put in:
6 yolks
6T caster sugar
1t vanilla essence
½c dry masala or dry sherry.
Whisk for about 10 mins until thick and frothy (when drizzled should fall in ribbons and thickly coat the back of a spoon)
Remove from heat and cool to room temperature
Serve warm or chilled
They show it served like mousse in glasses, but also suggest pouring over cakes or icecream!
Sounds delish!
posted by bisloy

buzzy110, Apr 14, 10:55am
EGG YOLKS
I put 3 beaten egg yolks in a pot with 2 dstp of sugar, 1 dstp butter, 1tsp lemon juice, ½tsp grated lemon rind and 1 medium tin of crushed pineapple.
Stir over a low heat until it thickens. If not thick enough mix a little cornflour with a little water and thicken like that.
I spread this on top of the pav when cold then cream on top of that. yum.
posted by haulier

buzzy110, Apr 14, 10:57am
LEMON HONEY [microwaved].
1 cup sugar
100g butter
Grated rind of 1 lemon
Juice of 3 lemons
1 egg + 3 egg yolks.
METHOD
Put the butter, sugar, rind and juice into a little jug and cook on HIGH/100% power for 1-2 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved. Mix and gradually add to beaten egg and egg yolks, stirring well. Return the mixture to the jug and cook on MEDIUM/50% power, stirring every minute until the mixture thickens, 3-5 minutes. The mixture will thicken more as it cools. Store in the refrigerator. Hope that helps.
posted by 245sam

buzzy110, Apr 14, 10:59am
MAKE A CARAMEL TOPPING FOR YOUR PAVLOVA
Then you put cream on top of that. Absolutely divine.
THE RECIPE IS: Melt 2T butter, 1 cup brown sugar. Add 2 T flour, cook in microwave for 1-2 min. Add 2 egg yolks, 1 cup milk mix till thick. Add vanilla and cool.
Posted by angie117

buzzy110, Apr 14, 11:03am
I make lots of pavlovas and use the yolks for custard and it's the yummiest custard. You'll never go back to Edmond's custard after this.

EGG YOLK CUSTARD
Mix together:
4 Yolks
½ cup Caster Sugar
2½ oz Cornflour
Now add:
3 cups hot Milk
Vanilla
And whisk together
Put back on heat and stir all the time so pot doesn't burn till the mixture thickens. Be patient it will thicken.
Posted by paynta1

wellyamerican, Apr 14, 11:49am
I make alfredo sauce with my left over egg yolks

liamjosh, Feb 2, 1:05am
Thanks for the ideas guys, I added them into a chocolate custard... . Mmmmmmmm