Chocolate Eclairs .sucess at last.

karenbnz, Jul 1, 10:01am
Made chock Eclairs last night.they turned out great.my first experience many moons ago were a fflop now I have mastered it will be making them again

razza04, Jul 1, 10:09am
Kiwinz that is great.are they hard to make.they would have been real yummmmy.I persume they have all gone.lol

karenbnz, Jul 1, 10:35am
Hehehe Razza they sure have.Wonder if I could freeze them with cream in! They do in the shops. Wonder how long they keep forin container!

karenbnz, Jul 1, 10:36am
Gotta have something I can makewhen you come to visit :0)

razza04, Jul 1, 10:44am
Mine would never get to the deep freeze.they would be gone pretty quickly.lol.looking forward to them when we get down south.choc eclairs are one of my favourites.

gardie, Jul 1, 6:55pm
Not hard provided you allow the flour to cook a bit (1-2 mins) after you add it to the water/butter mix.Most flops are because the flour hasn't cooked out enough.

razza04, Jul 2, 5:19am
Thanks gardie.will have to try and make them some time.home made ones sure are nice.

razza04, Jul 2, 5:22am
Kiwinz.Bazza wants to know if you are going to put one in the parcel for him.lol.Have you done any more baking today with Mr 9 year old being home to enjoy it.

cgvl, Jul 2, 5:24am
yes you can freeze with cream in them and really nice barely thawed too.

juliewn, Jul 2, 8:07am
Nutella makes a great icing for them. and it tastes good.

lynja, Jul 2, 9:03am
what a great idea juliewn. I used to make them by beating with a wooden spoon cause thats what my recipe said to do. now i do it with an electric beater, works perfectly.

karenbnz, Jul 4, 12:15pm
Thanks Gardie. That was most likely the problem with my first attempt.

karenbnz, Jul 4, 12:16pm
Thanks cgv. I did freeze tree of them with cream in. They were perfect!

karenbnz, Jul 4, 12:17pm
Thanks Julie will try this on next batch.

karenbnz, Jul 4, 12:18pm
Thanks to all who have posted with your wonderful suggestions