The Ultimate cheicken pie

tjman, Jul 4, 10:45pm
This is a long shot, but a couple of years ago(maybe More)NEXT magazine had a recipe titled as above.It had potato layer. chicken, mushroom and something else.Does anyone remember this of still has the recipe!

samanya, Jul 5, 12:15am
Here you go.
3 sheets ready rolled puff pastry
2 chicken breasts
4 rashers bacon
200g mushrooms
1 Tbsp oil
good pinch ground cumin
1 tbsp chopped fresh herbs
1 bunch spinach
3 cooked potatoes - skin on or off
1 - 1.5 cups grated cheese
(cheddar, edam, colby or gouda)
Milk or beaten egg to glaze

It's a long method, so I'll prece it

Preheat oven to 200 & place a baking tray inside
Line baking tin with pastry (they use a spring form) & a good idea cos it's a deep pie.
Cut chicken into 3cm cubes & cook chicken, bacon& mushrooms over fairly high heat for 5 mins & season well with cumin & chopped herbs.
Wash spinach, discard stalks & cook in only the water clinging, until just wilted & drain well
Put 1cm slices potato on the bottom, then chicken mixture, spinach layer & then cheese
You can season with S & P if you like
Put pastry top on with an air vent glaze & bake @ 200 30 -35 minutes until golden brown.
It's a good one, isn't it/

griffo4, Jul 5, 3:41am
Hope you don't mind me barging in but thank you for posting it sounds really nice and l am always looking for a good chicken recipe

tjman, Jul 5, 3:47am
Wow,thanks so much.I didn't expect to get a reply.Great.So we will have this for dinner tomorrow night and, I wont lose the recipe.

samanya, Jul 5, 4:20am
Griffo - it's really worth trying & of course you can 'tweak' it as much as you like.
& tjman, happy to help out & I reckon I've had it for more than a couple of years .more like 5 years +

griffo4, Jul 5, 6:16am
samanya l will be trying this in the next few days
l thought it was a bit of an ask from OP and l checked my Next magazines and couldn't find it so l was happy to come back and find you had posted the recipe
Just thinking l might put a few slices of leeks in as well, so much you can do with it
Thanks

ksr, Jul 5, 6:55am
griffo4 wrote:
samanya l will be trying this in the next few days
l thought it was a bit of an ask from OP and l checked my Next magazines and couldn't find it so l was happy to come back and find you had posted the recipe
Just thinking l might put a few slices of leeks in as well, so much you can do with it

Thanks[/quoteStill a fave recipe here!