Recipe from latest Weight Watchers magazine

red45, Jul 5, 8:48pm
Sorry starting a new post as realised now that WW can be confused fro Women's weekly. duhh another one of my gray moments sorry

Can some one please share the recipe for the cake made with apples and dates and coconut.I'm trying to use what is in the cupboard /fridge Thanks

sarahb5, Jul 5, 11:07pm
Was it Lumberjack Cake!This is the Weight Watchers recipe from their website:

Ingredients
3 medium fresh apple, (green) peeled, cored, finely chopped
1 cup dried dates, diced
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
150 g Weight Watchers Canola Spread
3/4 cup brown sugar, (165g)
1 medium egg
1 1/2 cups plain flour, (225g)
1/2 cup skim milk, (125ml)
40 g desiccated coconut
1 x 3 second spray oil spray

Instructions
Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 23cm square cake tin with oil. Line base and sides with baking paper. Combine apple, dates, bicarbonate of soda and 1 cup (250ml) boiling water in a medium bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, using electric beaters, beat 100g spread and ½ cup (110g) brown sugar until light and creamy. Add egg and beat until just combined. Stir in flour and apple mixture. Pour mixture into prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes.

Meanwhile, place milk, coconut and remaining spread and brown sugar insmall saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until spread melts and mixture is combined. Remove cake from oven after 25 minutes. Spoon coconut mixture over cake to thinly cover. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool cake in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool. Cut into squares to serve.

sarahb5, Jul 6, 11:26pm
Looks pretty good actually - I might make it myself

macandrosie, Jul 8, 4:36am
So how many serves in ths cake & how many points per serve!

findit1, Jul 10, 6:29am
how many points please!

sarahb5, Jul 10, 11:02pm
16 servings, 5 points each