Murder Mystery Dinner

sweetpea01, Jul 8, 3:19am
Hi there
am thinking of hosting a Murder Mystery Dinner for a group of our friends.Has anyone bought a 'game' online (I see there are a few to choose from.) and if so can recommend a particular company!The other option is to use a ChCh based company, I know of Dastardly Deeds.has anyone used them or participated in one!Are there any other local ones!Many thanks peeps

macandrosie, Jul 8, 4:20am
that sounz like fun! Will you all dress up as a character in like the Cluedo game! I've heard of people doing them too but I live in Southland. Have fun!

sweetpea01, Jul 8, 7:31am
Thanks, yes I assume we will all dress in character.should be fun!

jessie981, Jul 8, 9:12am
Off to one soon @ Ferrymead. Been to one @ friends place. Amazing how you take on the character you are portraying. Great fun.

tigger22, Jul 10, 8:56pm
Yes, I've hosted two. Love them.The first I bought at Whitcoulls and the second I bought on trade me - the trade me one's can be quite expensive. I made my own invites based on what the game said and included an 'accessory' for everyone to wear - the games give you ideas of the personality/costume of each person.I then looked around for cheapish props to set the theme on the night. It was really fun matching a player to a friend and working out 'who would fill that role'. We had heaps of fun.The biggest problem I found was working out what to make for the meal - even adults can be dairy free and some don't eat chicken and some don't eat salmon.lol.Will definitely have another one - once every two years seems to be often enough - we seem to talk about them for a good year afterwards.Make sure whatever you have to eat is already prepared and easy to serve so you don't miss out on any of the fun!

sweetpea01, Jul 12, 8:42pm
Oh that sounds great thanks tigger 22, will check out the bookstores as well as TM.Thanks :-)

iman007, Jul 13, 2:48am
yeah great fun alrite, i went to 1 a few years ago and we were all given characters to play, it was set in 70s, was real good, i even took some hooch to look the part. Reccomend it to everyone