Whats a good rice dish

simeon_, Jul 10, 7:43am
any one know of a good dish to take to work .apparently helps with gaining weight . i like fried rice plain but havent tried to make it.

petal1955, Jul 10, 7:27pm
RICE, TOMATO & BACON BAKE

3 CUPS OF COOKEDRICE(THATS 1 CUP UNCOOKED TO YIELD 3 CUPS COOKED)

6 BACON RASHERSCHOPPED

1 ONION FINELY CHOPPED

3 CHOPPED TOMATOES

250GRM TASTY CHEESE , GRATED

1 1/2 CUPS STALE BREADCRUMBS ( I USE DRIED)

3 TABLESPOONS CHOPPED PARSLEY

SALT & PEPPER

COMBINE ALL INGREDIENTS AND PLACE IN A GREASED DISH.TOP WITH A LITTLE EXTRA GRATED CHEESE. BAKE UNCOVERED AT 400 F (200 C) FOR 30 MINUTES.LET STAND FOR 5MINS

kesley, Jul 10, 11:11pm
Risotto! If you're after weight gain, risotto also has plenty of butter and cheese. Definitely needs reheating, as it's super starchy and will set pretty solid as it cools down, but it is SO GOOD and infinitely flavourable. My personal favourite is roast lamb/mint/peas.

cookessentials, Jul 10, 11:42pm
My goodness, I have been looking for this recipe for ever!If I remember correctly it was out of a new idea mag or similar. I had it slotted in my cookbook for years and used to make it regularly, then I lost it! Fantastic, thanks petal, you made my day!

gerry64, Jul 11, 12:57am
petal going to give that a try - if cookes says its good is good enough for me - my family thank her every week for introducing me to orzo on this MB

cookessentials, Jul 11, 1:27am
LOL, thank's gerry64. Are you still enjoying the orzo and wood smoked salmon then! We still love it and it is just so quick to make.

gerry64, Jul 11, 2:07am
Yes cookes its a regular meal here -good for the budget as well as the taste buds

gerry64, Jul 11, 10:42pm
Cookes should I cook the rice and cool it like I do for fried rice - or should the rice be hot

cookessentials, Jul 14, 8:29am
Do you mean for the chicken and rice dish! I dont think it matters. But from memory, it was cold.