Banoffee pie help.

nicolesarah25, Apr 12, 5:58am
I have made banoffee pie once before but the caramel wasn't quite set. Any suggestions on how I can make this happen? Longer in the fridge - gelatine? ? ? Thanks!

margyr, Apr 12, 6:02am
boil it longer. can highlander milk, 2 tablespoons golden syrup, 1 tablespoon butter, place all in a pot bring to the boil over low heat stirring constantly, simmer for 5 mins stirring all the time, or do it in the microwave then you dont have to stir it so much.

bananna15, Apr 12, 6:17am
or simply put the can of condensed milk in a pot covered with boiling water and boil for 2 hours

nicolesarah25, Apr 12, 6:21am
Thanx! What if I use the caramel 'highlander milk' though?

margyr, Apr 12, 6:30am
hmm, i just looked at the recipe on that tin, i have never used it but brought a tin as it was on special, perhaps try it longer in the fridge, or bring it to the boil and stir for 5 mins like the proper recipe.

cottagerose, Apr 12, 6:53am
I use this with perfect results

nicolesarah25, Apr 12, 8:01am
Thank you everyone - I will try boiling the tin of Caramel for 2 hours as suggested above. Wish me luck lol! ! Thanks again!

michelle.nic, Apr 12, 8:09am
How does 1 make this? my nana makes it for my mum, but its gone b4 i can get to mums to eat it lol, can someone pretty please give me your recipe thanks

littleponty, Jan 22, 5:47pm
When I make banoffee pie I just use the caramel straight from the tin.